Graphene Battery Weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I finally got around to picking up a digital kitchen scale. I knew my Turnigy Graphene 5000mAh 3s batteries were heavier than the Lektron Pro's I have but I never knew by how much. Well here are the results (both batteries are 5000mAh).

Lektron Pro:

20190708_120250.jpg
20190708_120302.jpg

Turnigy Graphene

20190708_120355.jpg
20190708_120410.jpg

I weighed pairs since that is what I run in my 6s rigs. As you can see the Graphenes are 282 grams heavier (10 oz heavier). This is pretty significant. The other thing worth noting is that the Graphenes just barely fit in the V3/V4 battery trays and I cannot run them in my Typhon as the body will not fit on properly. Do the Graphenes pack more punch than the Lektron Pro's? Without question. Night and day. The Turnigys claim a 65C discharge rate to the Lektron's 50C but the difference is much greater.

Now with all that said, I don't think I would buy the Graphenes again. They are just too big and heavy for the type of bashing I do. I have lost several battery trays on upside down landings with those batteries and it just makes my already heavy trucks even heavier. I would consider a lower mAh in the Graphenes if the weight savings was significant. Anyway, I figured I would pass this info along.

I too agree that for bashing they are over kill too much weight and size..!! , but like @LibertyMKiii says for speed runs etc they are awesome..??

Bashing with them they are just too heavy, I bought some HRB's for bashing and like a dumb ass I got 6000mAh versions so they are heavy also, not as heavy as Graphenes though...?

I do believe @RC DUDE81 uses 4000mAh because of the weight gain ( not graphenes though)..??

Last edited:
I came up with a solution (I hope) to keep these heavy batteries from destroying my battery trays. I used longer screws to hold in the tray and put locknuts on them. To keep the screw ends from poking holes in my batteries, I cut a piece of 1/4 inch plywood to lay over the screw ends. Unfortunately the extra 1/4" made it so the batteries wouldn't fit under the end so I removed it and added another Velcro strap. I'm going to test it this weekend.
20190710_124206.jpg
20190710_124245.jpg
20190710_124220.jpg
20190710_123732.jpg

Use the same piece of wood but drill holes in it to recess the bolt heads but not have them sticking through if you see what I mean..??

Would that give you the clearance..

Use the same piece of wood but drill holes in it to recess the bolt heads but not have them sticking through if you see what I mean..??

Would that give you the clearance..
Unfortunately no, but that is a real good idea. When I stack these two batteries they just barely fit under that bracket in the battery tray. In fact I would really have to kind of smash them in there. So anything that raises them even 3 mm is going to make it so it wouldn't fit.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back