Grease and DIFF fluid questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izzwardo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
Hey guys I have a 4s Outcast that I am putting back together and I need to know how much grease to put on the crown gear and how much differential oil to put in the metal gears. These plastic gears are horrible and I have stripped 2 of them out and the housing that holds it all together broke as well. I am hoping for a good upgrade for these parts as I only have about 3 hours of run time on this truckSorry I don’t know all of the right names.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 51
Hey guys I have a 4s Outcast that I am putting back together and I need to know how much grease to put on the crown gear and how much differential oil to put in the metal gears. These plastic gears are horrible and I have stripped 2 of them out and the housing that holds it all together broke as well. I am hoping for a good upgrade for these parts as I only have about 3 hours of run time on this truckSorry I don’t know all of the right names.

You need to fill the diff cup all the way. Some might spill out as you close it up, but the max fill is your goal.

As far as grease, you don’t need to fill the yoke, but a good amount for sure. I don’t think there is a too much other than wasting material.

As far as the yoke, there are aftermarket metal ones. They should hold up better.

HR Racing Alum Yoke

You need to fill the diff cup all the way. Some might spill out as you close it up, but the max fill is your goal.

As far as grease, you don’t need to fill the yoke, but a good amount for sure. I don’t think there is a too much other than wasting material.

As far as the yoke, there are aftermarket metal ones. They should hold up better.

HR Racing Alum Yoke
Ok great thanks! How tight do I put the diff screws back in where the diff fluid goes? the local hobby shop told me not tight at all Is that true? And I was told the metal gears will be available in a month or so hopefully not that long. Thanks for the help!

Ok great thanks! How tight do I put the diff screws back in where the diff fluid goes? the local hobby shop told me not tight at all Is that true? And I was told the metal gears will be available in a month or so hopefully not that long. Thanks for the help!

I’m not sure about the diff tightness advice you got. I would make sure everything is tight. Not stripped, but tight. Some blue loctite would ensure they stay in place.

Hey guys I replaced the parts but when I put the 4 bolts back in the differential and I tighten them I can’t spin the metal shafts. Should I back the bolts off a bit till it moves ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 47
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back