Grease diff lockers? Speed running

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys are you meant to grease up diff lockers when speed running? If so how much do you apply?
Cheers

E337084F-3A97-44E9-94FD-0B245B006028.jpeg

What about the mesh area? Where the crown meets the smaller gear?
Yes, grease the ring/crown and input/pinion gear. The lithium grease in your OP is perfect to use, although that is probably just repackaged Lucas Red & Tacky grease, which will almost definitely be better value to buy in the 16 oz. tub

Why wouldn't you grease any Main gear and Input gears, regardless whether Locked or Not???;) There is never any reason to leave them Dry.

Follow @1coopgt how how he did his gears.(y)(y)

You don't need to buy expensive RC boutique grease. It is just rebranded grease at a high price point in small quantity. Overrated IMHO. Been there.
Any automotive grease that is NLGI rated is more than adequate for RC gears. Max protection. You get so much more for the $$$.
Can use Mobil 1 Synthetic, Marine (WP) or Red and Tacky. All are good. Any and All NLGI grade greases. Easily purchased locally.

Last edited:
To be clear, he asked if you grease up the diff locker, not the ring and pinion. The diff locker replaces all of the internal gears inside the diff cup.

4C3B9CD2-4CFB-4100-A388-8B55EE4BF5C9.jpeg

Well I’m going to remove the stock diff on the infraction front and rear and install a diff locker. I just wanted to know if i grease anywhere to be honest, after reading comments I think i place a bit of grease on the crown and pinion gear where the mesh/contact point is… I hope this is right

Sorry if I misunderstood.....
Clearly the locker spool dosen't need any grease. No longer any moving parts in there. If you want to, go right ahead. It just won't do anything for you, IMHO
Yes the main gear and input gear will always get some grease irregardless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back