Green Nero - 500k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbl-A

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Put this in the center diff of your Non-Brain Nero immediately!
Took it out for the first time with 500K in the center it completely transformed the truck.
An absolute BEAST!

full?d=1486049563.jpg

full?d=1486049193.jpg

I put 100K in mine. BUt I totally agree, it drives so much better with oil in the diffs. I ended up doing all 3.

I knowww its just I'm having a hard time ripping out the diff brain stuff because my g/f bought this for me for xmas due to the fact it was different and had lockable diffs. I do really like the that you can lock the center for wheelies and faster get go, but for high speed bashing on rough terrain I like the feel of a center diff with thick fluid

Maybe you can just remove/unplug the center Brain servo and plug the holes in the diff and fill with fluid.
That way can still use the front and rear diff lockers. That would be cool.

Maybe you can just remove/unplug the center Brain servo and plug the holes in the diff and fill with fluid.
That way can still use the front and rear diff lockers. That would be cool.

That would be the only thing I would consider. The center diff is really where 95% of the problem is IMHO.

I added thick silicone grease in the diffs of the Diff brain. Greatly improved performance. Couldn't you just add grease or 500k to center and leave Diff brain intact? Keep the flexibility to Lock the,center Diff for speed and wheelies. It works for my use.

I haven't opened mine yet to see if the 200K leaked out. There is so much snow and ice here that it is hard to tell if the oil is still working. At a certain point I would expect it to be too thick to leak out. But the O/P has a non-diff brain version too so plugging the holes will work fine for him.

This truck seems to have a lot of engineering behind it while still leaving some glaring problems like with these diffs and with the rear shocks binding for example. I do also wish things were easier to get at between the vertical plates but at least that is not really a design flaw I suppose.

I moved the shocks to the inner holes which helps with the binding and also gets a little more droop travel. I would like to have even more suspension travel. It seems like the arms and shafts would be able to handle more angle. I also put thinner oil in the shocks so that it does actually use the droop when you go over holes and it also keeps the rear from bucking so easy when you hit a jump. I am using this truck a lot like my Summit and the more I tweak things the more I am liking it. It's good to have something different from the crowd.

I put 100K in mine. BUt I totally agree, it drives so much better with oil in the diffs. I ended up doing all 3.
What did you put in the front and rear? 100k also?

Put this in the center diff of your Non-Brain Nero immediately!
Took it out for the first time with 500K in the center it completely transformed the truck.
An absolute BEAST!
Good info! Thanks

Gonna do that tonight, Iv been noticing a lot of power bleeding off to the front tires causing ridiculous ballooning. I haven't opened up the center diff yet, I see others say to plug a hole, what hole and how?

This truck seems to have a lot
I moved the shocks to the inner holes which helps with the binding and also gets a little more droop travel. I would like to have even more suspension travel. It seems like the arms and shafts would be able to handle more angle. I also put thinner oil in the shocks so that it does actually use the droop when you go over holes and it also keeps the rear from bucking so easy when you hit a jump. I am using this truck a lot like my Summit and the more I tweak things the more I am liking it. It's good to have something different from the crowd.

I also noticed alot of binding in the rear rocker setup. I ended cranking down on the collars so the the rear does not drag. After I added what must of been more than 1/2" of preload the rear end is no longer dragging and hitting the rear face of the jumps. The truck is not bucking over the jumps as mush as it used to. I beat on my NERO hard this weekend and it just keeps on coming back for more. At first I thought it was fragile, but pack after pack it just keeps on taking hits keeps running like a champ.

Lucky you, mine brakes every time I run it. I think I got a lemon... naaa got two of them and they both brake every run.

With the NERO I'm convinced it depends how you treat the car. I've never sheared any drive pins but some folks go through a bunch... this tells me folks are just hard on the car with where they run, how they jump and how they apply throttle. I'm pretty smooth with my trigger, the green NERO is more reliable too, less stuff to go wrong.

I believe you can see the plugged holes in doubl-a's second photo. He has placed the screws in the holes the Diff Collar would slide into on the locking model.

Once I got it out it was obvious what holes to fill, didn't think of putting grub screws, just used panel bonding adhesive from my body shop. As far as durability I'm used to the durability of my Kraton and Talion. Such a shame to have to be so careful and gentle with the Nero. You would think Arrma would take more pride in their signature truck and upgrade the failing common parts. To this point Arrma hasn't upgraded crap. I'm very disappointed to say the least.

Yep, that'll work.
You don't need anything crazy. It's just to hold in some thick diff fluid and you're good to go.

are those holes threaded? M3? and what length of screws are needed? I'd imagine probably no longer than 4 or 6 mm?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back