Green Nero - 500k

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, they are not threaded.
The diff housing is sintered or pot metal so its softer than a steel screw so the screw easily threads itself.
I used M2.5 stainless steel hardware and they are 4mm in length. I had to file them down just a hair so when they were fully tightened down they wouldn't rub the sun gear in the diff.

Last edited:
Think I'm gonna try 200k diff fluid first. 500k is essentially locking the diff which I don't think I'm interested in. Some people use 500k for speed runs because it has the similar effect of locking the diff.

Awesome thread, gonna do this asap to my non diff brain Nero, what is the general consensus on fluid in the center diff ? 500k ? 300-400 ? Gonna order a spare diff and the nylon screws to seal it tonite and some fluid, so much power is wasted to the front wheels in 6s right now with no fluid in it....

I went with 500k as I was really happy with it in my Kraton. You don't have to use 500k but I wanted a lot of power to go to the rear without having to lock the diff. And with the Nero being on the heavy side, it works great. I'm my Senton, since it's a smaller and lighter truck, I use 200k in the center with great results. Defiantly not a setup to go racing, but I just thrash, so it's good for me.

Thanks, I have 500k and think it will be the ticket in the Nero, now to find some screws to order and get it done

500k in the center is working well for me. Curious if ppl have also sealed the front/rear?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back