Mojave Grimbles' Mojave EXB Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimbles

Certified unintentional RC destroyer
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
I've ordered myself a Mojave EXB (woop!) and given this wont get to the UK until mid-late November, it gives me some time to start planning my build. I genuinely welcome suggestions for all for the build. I will keep this first thread updated as and when I order bits, then (of course) will document the build in detail.

• Chassis
    • Arrma Mojave EXB Roller (ordered)
  • Electronics
    • ESC - Castle Mamba Monster X (ordered)
    • Motor - TP Power 4250 2100kv (ordered)
    • Radio - FlySky iT4s Tx with FS-BS4 Rx (i.e. with gyro) (already have)
    • Servo - JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG (already have)
  • Additional Protection:
    • M2C rear skidplate https://badtouchbreakers.com/collections/mojave-6s/products/arrma-rear-skidplate - appreciate I need to drill a couple more holes into a brand new chassis but I think worth it (ordered)
    • Shell protector with wheelie bar, see pic below (ordered)
      -405145429-1520509814.jpg
  • Pre-First bash:
    • Shimming front and rear diffs (presuming same issues on the Mojave as the Kraton EXB)
    • Dry wall tape + shoe goo shell
    • Kevlar line wrap tyres
  • First Question:
    • Cooling - I have a couple of castle blowers I was planning to clip to the TP Power 4250 (which is finned) - any other suggestions?

Looks like it’s gonna be a pretty solid rig!?
As for cooling I kept the motor fins and used a thermal pad between to motor and heatsink. You be able to get a very good fit and it works like a charm?

Looks like it’s gonna be a pretty solid rig!?
As for cooling I kept the motor fins and used a thermal pad between to motor and heatsink. You be able to get a very good fit and it works like a charm?
Which cooler are you using?

That is awesome! How do I get one for my Notorious?
£54.91 30%OFF | For ARRMA OUTCAST Rangers Roll cage Protective Cover RC Car Parts
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNzj8dR

Looks like doesn't go over the shell but instead of. Cant comment on that one, bur the mojave cage is really good kit. High quality, pre threadlocked screws, clear (if slightly chinglish) instructions with pictures.

Where exactly did you shim? Do you mean next to the outdrive bearing on the right (looking from behind)?

And did you shim to remove left/right play from the diff or did you do it to adjust contact between ring and pinion gear?
Shimmed on the inside of the diff, spur side, between the diff housing and the rod that holds the outdrive in place. 1 0.1mm shim to stop play on the outdrive. Diff was crunchy fresh out of the mojave but smooth as butter now (60k front, 30k rear).

Last edited:
Calling it a night! Front diff was perfect, all screws and bolts toght and threadlocked. Centre doff and electrics tomorrow, drywall and shoe goo saturday, bash sunday with @Glenn75 :)
Can't wait to hear how it goes. I'm waiting patiently for my EXB... ⏳

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back