Mojave Grimbles' Mojave EXB Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I noticed somebody earlier mentioned swapping out the bearings on this thing... is that really necessary? I thought all the EXBs had sealed bearings from the factory?

Looks good though. :)

P.S. What is that you're using on the tyres to stop the ballooning?
Re bearings, yes they are all rubber sealed so I am sticking with stock for now. Re/tyres, they are actually pretty much fine stock so i haven't done it on the mojave, but on my other cars i am wrapping the outsides in kevlar fishing line (link below) and sticking down with e6000 glue, then a rubber band over the top. 2 lines is fine for my typhon, 3 for my truggy. Works a treat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07MSG3DHM?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07QHTBZZT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

20201105_161658.jpg

Right-o chaps. Don't give me too much slack re untidy wiring, remember this is a temp esc motor combo. The mamba is waiting patiently upstairs for the tp can to get here.

One observation - plastic side skirt makes getting a simple 4274 into place quite diffficult.

1st bash in the morning :)

View attachment 107309View attachment 107310View attachment 107311

View attachment 107312
She's ready :)

View attachment 107315
What is that you used to mount the power switch?

Nice work. Well thought out build. (y) You are far from a novice....

Looks like it’s gonna be a pretty solid rig!?
As for cooling I kept the motor fins and used a thermal pad between to motor and heatsink. You be able to get a very good fit and it works like a charm?
By the way this worked a treat. See the close ups of the motor above. Thank you :)
Check on the Mojave reviews at YouTube..
RCDude81 and at Richduberbash..
U will see there..
Just FYI i used modelling foam (built in layers) then wrapped in duct tape. Worked really well!
Looking good! What tools do you use? I’ve had no issues with the fixing on my PPS motor/diff mount using MIP tools
Think I need to get a set of the MIPs. Just using a set of the aluminium handled titanium hex drivers off amazon.
Nice work. Well thought out build. (y) You are far from a novice....
Thanks buddy :)
Looks good?
Must be itching to let the beast out!?
Desperately mate. Cant wait for this lockdown to end. Me and my buddy @Glenn75 desperate to get back out with the toys!

Last edited:
More updated. Rpm mount for the mamba monster x screws straight into the esc plate with a tiny trim of the vertical bar. Annoyingly have had to order a longer sensor wire! Am going to start a new thread re short leads on tp power motors to see if anyone has a better idea than my heatshrinked 6.5mm bullets dodge!

20201127_082156.jpg
20201127_082203.jpg

One more update. This is pretty much final phase 1 form. The only issue is that weight distribution is rear biased - Im taking her for a proper run next w/e and may end up moving the battery tray all the way up front, and swapping the receiver tray to where the esc is currently with the esc moving to the rear on the other side! We shall see.
20201128_185121.jpg
20201128_185126.jpg
20201128_185140.jpg
20201128_185131.jpg

Nice Car Grimbles.

The Fenders (mudguards) and the Roll Cage (body cover incl, that Wheelie Bar)
Are these Durable in Colder Weather also ?
We have 5°C outside now here. And getting colder soon !

Birmingham, England
Saturday 9 PM • Overcast
cloudy.svg

C

Most Plastics are durable only in Warm Climate.
How about these in colder place ?

Any late evening time, Crashes yet Grimbles ? or Maybe you Are THE Stig :stig: ?

Have you any decent information about the Durability in Colder Weather ?
Please share

Thank you for all Nice Pictures Grimbles

Maybe some Videos also Later?

Nice Car Grimbles.

The Fenders (mudguards) and the Roll Cage (body cover incl, that Wheelie Bar)
Are these Durable in Colder Weather also ?
We have 5°C outside now here. And getting colder soon !

Birmingham, England
Saturday 9 PM • Overcast
cloudy.svg

C

Most Plastics are durable only in Warm Climate.
How about these in colder place ?

Any late evening time, Crashes yet Grimbles ? or Maybe you Are THE Stig :stig: ?

Have you any decent information about the Durability in Colder Weather ?
Please share

Thank you for all Nice Pictures Grimbles

Maybe some Videos also Later?
Will let you know re cold weather. Im taking her out for a proper bash next weekend once lockdown has finished!

Looking good! What tools do you use? I’ve had no issues with the fixing on my PPS motor/diff mount using MIP tools
Bought some mip drivers. Difference is night and day. Literally cannot believe how much better they are! Great shout chap, thank you.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back