Mojave Grimbles' Mojave EXB Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That much better than the cheap "titanium" ones from Amazon? I assume so... just not sure of the comparison point. I'm sure they are better quality. I may have to invest in a set.
Mate honestly worth it IMO. Im keeping my amazon cheapos but the difference is massive.

One more update. This is pretty much final phase 1 form. The only issue is that weight distribution is rear biased - Im taking her for a proper run next w/e and may end up moving the battery tray all the way up front, and swapping the receiver tray to where the esc is currently with the esc moving to the rear on the other side! We shall see. View attachment 111444View attachment 111445View attachment 111446View attachment 111447
I have a quick question for you, I bought the very same inner fenders from scorched parts. I see that you reaffixed the velcro to the outside of the fenders that you installed. What glue did you use to do that? Were you able to reuse the velcro that came with the original mojave? Just wondering I have received the fenders, but I haven't gotten time to trim the fenders or install them, but I will have the time next week. any input from you would be appreciated. I had a weird experience, the hardware bag with a little screws in it was torn open and it didn't have what was supposed to be in there but that's not a big deal I can replace that stuff no problem. Just asking about the velcro I would like to keep it if it's at all possible on the vehicle just wondering how you did it.

I have a quick question for you, I bought the very same inner fenders from scorched parts. I see that you reaffixed the velcro to the outside of the fenders that you installed. What glue did you use to do that? Were you able to reuse the velcro that came with the original mojave? Just wondering I have received the fenders, but I haven't gotten time to trim the fenders or install them, but I will have the time next week. any input from you would be appreciated. I had a weird experience, the hardware bag with a little screws in it was torn open and it didn't have what was supposed to be in there but that's not a big deal I can replace that stuff no problem. Just asking about the velcro I would like to keep it if it's at all possible on the vehicle just wondering how you did it.
Hello chap, no problem at all! I removed it gently so the glue was still intact then just stuck it back down! No magic :)

With those fenders:

1) take your time trimming, watch the you tube video and keep putting them near your car as you go so you don't overtrim like i did; and
2) look at @.AJ.'s post above... the way the lip should sit is counterintuitive but works perfectly.

Hello chap, no problem at all! I removed it gently so the glue was still intact then just stuck it back down! No magic :)

With those fenders:

1) take your time trimming, watch the you tube video and keep putting them near your car as you go so you don't overtrim like i did; and
2) look at @.AJ.'s post above... the way the lip should sit is counterintuitive but works perfectly.
Will do !! Have the video saved on my computer.....Thanks !!!

Wow......counterintuitive is right! Thanks Mr Grimbles and AJ !!! I’ve got it trimmed down pretty well, now, tomorrow I will go to the hardware store and get the stuff that should’ve come with the fenders.When they are back in stock, will order some for my wife’s Senton blx v3....

Edit: NVM sorted it by fiddling. Thanks for that - youre 100% right, fit is WAY better but seems counterinutitive!

You've trimmed way neater than me :) thanks for correcting me :)

Last edited:
Wow......counterintuitive is right! Thanks Mr Grimbles and AJ !!! I’ve got it trimmed down pretty well, now, tomorrow I will go to the hardware store and get the stuff that should’ve come with the fenders.When they are back in stock, will order some for my wife’s Senton blx v3....
Pics and vids mate, we demand pics and vids :)

Also, total credit to @.AJ. for the pointer on the fenders.

Last edited:
Pics and vids mate, we demand pics and vids :)

Also, total credit to @.AJ. for the pointer on the fenders.
This adventure of going into RC vehicles is a journey that just started for me just a few months ago as I am entering my second childhood at age 54. For someone like yourself who took an EXB and surgically implanted what you call stage one makes me wonder what you have planned for stage 2, 3 and four. If you would like to have pictures of my bone stock version 2 Mojave with the fenders installed I guess I can put one on, but I still need to go to the hardware store.......

AJ’s advise made perfect sense when I tried to put on the rear Fenders the way that you think they should go on and they didn’t fit correctly at all. Then, going against human nature they fit perfectly fine when you put them in the way they are meant to be put in.

thanks again guys

Last edited:
Just finished........ need to wait for the weather to cooperate.... thanx for your help guys !!

IMG-0156.JPG

IMG-0155.JPG

IMG-0153.JPG

IMG-0154.JPG

Just finished........ need to wait for the weather to cooperate.... thanx for your help guys !!

IMG-0156.JPG

IMG-0155.JPG

IMG-0153.JPG

IMG-0154.JPG
Heat sink fan is on back order....gonna spend January in Florida on the beach..... will see how this does on sand...

IMG-0156.JPG

IMG-0155.JPG

IMG-0153.JPG

IMG-0154.JPG

Heat sink fan is on back order....gonna spend January in Florida on the beach..... will see how this does on sand...
Maybe I celebrated too soon… Now the clips that hold the body in place are not able to reach the holes from the factory in the body posts. So, do I remove the padding strips that are supposed to be an upgade so the body clips can reach the holes?

Last edited:

View attachment 113697

View attachment 113698

View attachment 113700

View attachment 113701

Maybe I celebrated too soon… Now the clips that hold the body in place are not able to reach the holes from the factory in the body posts. So, do I remove the padding strips that are supposed to be an upgade so the body clips can reach the holes?
I see the factory recommends on the Senton to heat a drill bit and drill new holes on the post.....rather not do that one the Mojave....looks like you guys don’t have the little felt pads that come on the V2

You may have to follow the procedure laid-out in this part of the video to lengthen the holes in the body mounts but be careful, steady hands and perhaps do a couple of dry runs to make sure you're steady. :)

You may have to follow the procedure laid-out in this part of the video to lengthen the holes in the body mounts but be careful, steady hands and perhaps do a couple of dry runs to make sure you're steady. :)

Yep - i removed the foam to do this.

@Jon NC RC Newbie she looks great mate :)

Whew.....thanks for the video.......yeah, a person would hate to mess that up.....

THANK YOU sir !
Yep - i removed the foam to do this.

@Jon NC RC Newbie she looks great mate :)
Sometimes simple works for me.....I may do like the video above, or just see if removing the foam pad does the trick.....once I line the body with tape I may/may not have to address this again

you guy’s are very helpful...THANKS!

I followed you build thread...NICE! How’s does she run? Or should I say, FLY?

Last edited:
Well...... so much for that...... tried the heated drill bit....... they make it look so easy..... didn't work.....
took the felt pads off the fenders...... while pushing as much as I dare, I was only able to get 1 of the 4 body clips on......
SSSSOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo......................

I went old school and went back to my construction days and did a little something we used to do....

And now it fits, without the pads...... will have to avoid the contact areas when I line the body.....or I will have the same problem

Its nice when it works nice and easy...... but

Alls well that ends well....

Last edited:
Well...... so much for that...... tried the heated drill bit....... they make it look so easy..... didn't work.....
took the felt pads off the fenders...... while pushing as much as I dare, I was only able to get 1 of the 4 body clips on......
SSSSOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo......................

I went old school and went back to my construction days and did a little something we used to do....

And now it fits, without the pads...... will have to avoid the contact areas when I line the body.....or I will have the same problem

Its nice when it works nice and easy...... but

Alls well that ends well....
Interested to see what you did; pics please! Will post some pics of mine. Not mega pretty but gets the job done! Why don't you start a build thread for yours? I will sub :)

It would be the lamest build thread ever......Honestly...:sleep:;)

I just used a drillbit and, instead of heating the drill bit to melt the opening closer to the end of the body post, like it shows in the video, I just slowly elongated the hole while the drill bit was spinning inside the hole,,,,,,,, very careful not to go too far. In the end, it looks similar to what you have, other than the holes may be a bit smoother on mine, which, in the end, is neither here nor there.

I wouldnt recommend it to everyone, I used a technique we used to use while installing trim. have to be very careful, and steady. Hard to describe, but if you got carried away it would be real easy to ruin the post. If you haven’t done it before, just let the body weight of the truck work for you as the bit spins in the hole....I became a bit more aggressive as I sensed the resistance of the hardness of the plastic, but that’s where you gotta be careful. That’s the best layman’s terms I can find, and the safest recommendation to give. What I did was a bit more radical than that, but I don’t want to give bad advice to others that could make them damage their rig

Last edited:
Nice build you have done here Grimbles

You must be one happy guy driving this beast i believe ? :)

Me self got big problems get these body clips in after Schorced fenders
I have drill the holes bigger and use only 1/10 body clips right now.
I took out the big clips, and install smaller ones in these stock holders.

Soon i will drill them bigger, and replace to stock clips again

Nice build you have done here Grimbles

You must be one happy guy driving this beast i believe ? :)

Me self got big problems get these body clips in after Schorced fenders
I have drill the holes bigger and use only 1/10 body clips right now.
I took out the big clips, and install smaller ones in these stock holders.

Soon i will drill them bigger, and replace to stock clips again
Thanks chap. Try removing the foam from the body clip mount too :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back