Mojave Grimbles' Mojave EXB Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ones I have are plenty long. It's snow and slush here, so I have them covering from the shock standoff all the way under the cup on the bottom. They are stretchy, so they can fit a range of sizes. It's better to have them more stretched over the coals so they don't end up bunching up and binding the coils. I was planning to use little zip ties to hold them up above the shock cap and beneath the cup on the bottom, but they stay put and there is no need to do it.

So the ones you get are >110mm? I get that one wants them stretched to avoid bunching/pinching when compressed but stretching short socks over the springs and then trying to maintain that while putting a shock back together may "trigger" some folks? These same guys expressly said they do not make them long enough for 110mm springs so I'm confused now?

So the ones you get are >110mm? I get that one wants them stretched to avoid bunching/pinching when compressed but stretching short socks over the springs and then trying to maintain that while putting a shock back together may "trigger" some folks? These same guys expressly said they do not make them long enough for 110mm springs so I'm confused now?

No idea. I ordered them and they fit well and I have plenty of room. No need to stretch them, lots of length.

0B64FF1B-C3C9-4BA2-A087-B7624C0F01A1.jpeg

So I... erm... have a confession to make. You see... I tripped, fell and ordered 8s electronics. Mmx8s and a (wye) wound tp 4070 (custom build, sensored) are on the way. The 6s system will move into my noto.

Oops.

So were off to the "who's got the fastest Mojave project" 😉🤣
Mate I'm well up for that game. Only problem is, as soon as mine gets north of 60mph it tries to take off. Also the tiny wheels lmao
So were off to the "who's got the fastest Mojave project" 😉🤣
What KV did you go for? You're also using an mmx8s right?

Are we going for off-road top speed ?? 🤔
I say mowed football pitch style off road 😉 on road doesn't count...

I'm currently geared for 119mph but not sure if it'll work..🤪

Some further updates to come soon - Phase 2 of this MEXB build will include:

M2C wheel hubs, 8s power system upgrade inc some home made fans (woop), some lovely titanium scorched parts bits... hoping to do the wrenching in the next fortnight or so.

100mph off road challenge is looking good then 😉👍🏼

My Mojave is almost complete, fingers crossed it will be ready in the next couple of weekends.. I've come off furlough now so now more work and less RC'ing..!! 😩

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back