Senton Grinding and Driveshaft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calicoss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Well, after around 10+ outings ran into my first pit stop. No biggie, comes with the territory. Time to learn repairs. So, have a grinding sound coming from both forward and reverse operation. Pulled the drive shaft out and two chewed up washers or metal rings slid out from the rear of the shaft. Shaft looks a little chewed up to. Thoughts? Bearings, dirt or something more? I'll take pics over the weekend. I always compress air clean this thing and wash when its muddy but for all intense purposes, she's been through dry, off-roading conditions 90% of the time. Time to get dirty, order the parts I need, replace bearings and whatever else I need to do to get her back in action. Thanks everyone.

Did you have rubber sealed bearings installed? If not, that’s your problem.

Did you have rubber sealed bearings installed? If not, that’s your problem.
Nope. Have the new bearings ready to replace all the crap ones. What about the thin ring that came off with the rear of the drive shaft? Thing was almost completely disintegrated. I don't see it on the parts list or blueprint. Maybe just overlooking it.

Nope. Have the new bearings ready to replace all the crap ones. What about the thin ring that came off with the rear of the drive shaft? Thing was almost completely disintegrated. I don't see it on the parts list or blueprint. Maybe just overlooking it.
That’s a shim and needs to be replaced.

Had no time to work on her this week but thank you everyone for the suggestions. Ill hopefully have some time to dig around this weekend and tackle the problem. Ill update accordingly. Where do these bearings exactly come from via the connection from the drive shaft to the rear and what size as I have an assorted pack from the local hobby shop? Might have to get the right ones when I find it.

Been busy moving the last couple of weeks but had time to remove the motor and the thing is frozen solid. Thinking the motor is toast. Car rolls nice and freely with the motor removed. I emailed Horizon Hobby to get the warranty process started. They gave me these instructions which I have now completed. Definitely motor bearing. Waiting on them for the next move.

"It may not be a motor bearing. Remove the motor from the Senton, see if you hand rotate the motor by hand. It will be hard to turn over by hand, you adjust a adjustable wrench to the motor shaft. Turn it and see if can turn using the wrench. You should feel some resistance, this is the magnets in the motor. If turns with any grinding, and you can feel resistance due to the magnets, than it is likely not the motor. Next roll the vehicle without the motor, it should roll freely as you push the vehicle. If you feel resistance like it does not want to move it could be a bad differential.

David W
Product Support"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back