Outcast Grinding noise issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mahtayo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 4s
I'm kinda new to the whole rc thing, I was running my outcastb4s this weekend and it started making a whiny/grinding kind of noise then had no power when I'd pull the throttle,. Thought it might be a loose pinion or spur gear but after pulling it apart i'm thinking it has to do with the rear diff. Read some stuff that they come almost dry stock just curious what I should use to top it up? And can i just buy stuff from any store or does it have to be something special from a hobby shop?

Welcome to the Arrma RC Forum.:)
You have a loaded question. Not enough info. provided here. Until you disassemble what you THINK is the cause and examine it, its hard to say what you need. The 3 diffs. absolutely require only a diff. silicone fluid. The diffs are usually not dry. They may have leaked however. And it should be obvious upon removal of the diff from the housing. Read the entire manual to understand more. Check you manual closely for the Stock Oil specs. For the FR/RR and Center fluids. You will need them on hand for regular maintenance anyway.

I'm kinda new to the whole rc thing, I was running my outcastb4s this weekend and it started making a whiny/grinding kind of noise then had no power when I'd pull the throttle,. Thought it might be a loose pinion or spur gear but after pulling it apart i'm thinking it has to do with the rear diff. Read some stuff that they come almost dry stock just curious what I should use to top it up? And can i just buy stuff from any store or does it have to be something special from a hobby shop?
Outcast 4s? Could be your slipper clutch.

Welcome. It’s your slipper clutch most likely. Remove the center driveshaft and insert a 2mm hex driver into the slipper assembly. Turn it clockwise to tighten until the rear wheels spin on their own. Don’t try to hold them back, just let the weight of the truck resist them from spinning. Put the shaft back in and test it. If that works well, run with it. If it loosens again, you will need to remove the power module to access the rear side of the slipper hub where you can add a drop of thread locker, run the screw in and out to get the thread lock into the hub threads, then set it about a full turn out from snug.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back