Grinding with wheel power when on groumd

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obeydefiant

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hello .I'm having a problem with my kraton. when I press the throttle I get a grinding sound and very lil power to the wheels . I know it's not the motor it's just that the power is not going to the wheels when under it's own weight when I hold it off the ground the wheels spin as they should .if anyone else had this problem I just wanted some advice on where to start taking this thing apart at .what should I check first.

Here's the link to vid if anyone gets a chance to watch it . Thanks

I assume you checked that spur gear and pinion comin off the motor making sure its all tight and correct mesh.

Past that I'm gonna guess you got a center diff issue.

I see the center diff working. It's spinning both the front and rear dogbones. So I thinks it's both the front and the rear diffs, specifically the ring and pinion gears. Pull out the diffs and check the teeth on the ring gears. Also check the diff bulkhead covers for stripped out screws.

I'm going to take an uneducated stab at this... front diff. I don't own one, but it looks like the drive shaft to the front is spinning and the wheels aren't turning. Don't run on my advice... I'm literally speaking from what I've read, not from experience. I could be totally wrong.

Ring gear and pinion in one or both of the difs, isn't making good contact. Have you shimmed the outdrives on the difs?

I see the center diff working. It's spinning both the front and rear dogbones. So I thinks it's both the front and the rear diffs, specifically the ring and pinion gears. Pull out the diffs and check the teeth on the ring gears. Also check the diff bulkhead covers for stripped out screws.

39 seconds in his rear dog bone stops and a lil farther in the front stops as well.. Which leads me to think its a center diff issue.

39 seconds in his rear dog bone stops and a lil farther in the front stops as well.. Which leads me to think its a center diff issue.
Center is spinning while accelerating. It's losing a connection in both the front and rear difs

Re-watch around 39-40 seconds he applies throttle, rear dog bone sezies up while the front turns then eventually seized up too.. Or im drunk :p
Good eye on that one. All three difs need attention.

The pinion and spur spin when he applies throttle. I definitely thinks is the outside diffs. Bitbtje center is easy enough to pull out. All you have to do is turn the outdrives on it and see how it feels.

there's a table/chair leg directly in front of your car. your gonna wanna go around those types of obstacles! ?????

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back