Outcast Grinding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brodyow

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Grinding noise on deceleration from the last 1/2 stops on the last 1/4 I can try and get a video if that would help I just rebuild all the diffs no teeth are damaged at all on any gears it’s the 2019 so I haven’t added any shims to the diffs because they say they come pre shimmed now

Grinding noise on deceleration from the last 1/2 stops on the last 1/4 I can try and get a video if that would help I just rebuild all the diffs no teeth are damaged at all on any gears it’s the 2019 so I haven’t added any shims to the diffs because they say they come pre shimmed now
Does it do this up on a block or just on the ground?

Does it do this up on a block or just on the ground?
Mainly on a block that’s when it’s really noticeable but doing a full speed rip and letting off and just listening to it slow down from the drag of the magnets in the motor you can here it a slight amount

I would post a video and I’m sure one of the guys here will have an answer.

Yeah I didn't hear anything crazy either. But center diff is always a good place to start. Good luck

Yeah I didn't hear anything crazy either. But center diff is always a good place to start. Good luck
I pulled it out checked it over and everything is fine it might be in my head so I’m just going to run it until it blows something

I don't hear anything and if it doesn't get worse under load that would be a new one on me. Usually I'm getting clicking if it's a diff. And if the motor is going I get chogging and then seize.

I think metal gears always sound more harsh until you get used to them. Honestly that clip sounds 100% normal.
That’s probably what it is thanks for the help
Thank you to everyone that gave there 2 cents really appreciate it

Sounds like a rear driveshaft. I had a bent one, a hammer and concrete step, straight as an arrow.
I checked all the drive shafts and axles nothing is bend only slight indicator of something is the center diff has the tiniest amount of play when the cars all buttoned up

Update it was the rear diff input grub screw came loose and backed the drive shaft cup off a slight bit causing the rear diff spur and pinion to grind a slight amount

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back