ground clearance / springs load

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loryriga

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi everyone,
I just got a brand new Kraton 6s and I have a question about ground clearance since it's my first MT/Truggy (coming from touring/rally).

Q1: As soon as I took it out of the box I noticed that the rear ground clearance is less then the front. Is this something we want on this type of cars? Not flat nor with higer rear?
Q2: I also noticed that the rear springs load is lighter, hence if i lay the car on the table, rear shocks get much more compressed than front ones. Again, is this someting we want for some reason?

Atm my guess is that i have to compress a bit more the rear springs or relax the front ones, am I right?

Q3: Arrma website says that the ground clearance is 47mm. How does it come that if I measure the distance between the table and the chassis it's about 70mm(rear) and 86mm(front)??? I mean, it looks like there's no way for it to be that low :unsure:

TIA
Lorenzo

A good rule of thumb to start is to set the ride height so that the axles are level and go from there. I am sure someone will chime in with a more detailed answer. Congrats on the new Kraton.

Welcome to the Ranch!

Hi everyone,
I just got a brand new Kraton 6s and I have a question about ground clearance since it's my first MT/Truggy (coming from touring/rally).

Q1: As soon as I took it out of the box I noticed that the rear ground clearance is less then the front. Is this something we want on this type of cars? Not flat nor with higer rear?
Q2: I also noticed that the rear springs load is lighter, hence if i lay the car on the table, rear shocks get much more compressed than front ones. Again, is this someting we want for some reason?

Atm my guess is that i have to compress a bit more the rear springs or relax the front ones, am I right?

Q3: Arrma website says that the ground clearance is 47mm. How does it come that if I measure the distance between the table and the chassis it's about 70mm(rear) and 86mm(front)??? I mean, it looks like there's no way for it to be that low :unsure:

TIA
Lorenzo

Sounds like sloppy quality control from the factory again for the RTR Kraton..

You may want to test out the springs.. and see if they have swapped them around from front to back if the rear springs are too soft.
Mainly want to have the chassis some what level with the ground.
Like other members have stated.. start with the driveshafts leveled and then make adjustments to the environment or your driving style.

General Notes-
1. You don't want to have your chassis slapping the ground. Which will cause your motor to slam against the frame.
2. Adjust your droop screws. You don't want to have your suspension arms droop too low.. which will cause your driveshafts to pop out.

Have Fun and Bash on!

General Notes-
1. You don't want to have your chassis slapping the ground. Which will cause your motor to slam against the frame.
2. Adjust your droop screws. You don't want to have your suspension arms droop too low.. which will cause your driveshafts to pop out.

Have Fun and Bash on!

Thats bad information. A Truggy chassis will always slap ground if it's set up correctly. Unless you are jumping 3-2 inch jumps.

Thats bad information. A Truggy chassis will always slap ground if it's set up correctly. Unless you are jumping 3-2 inch jumps.

Don't slap it tooo hard.

Ok guys thank you very much for your kind help!
Since my arms are quite tilted I'll start by making them parallel to the ground and see how the car feels, it looks way to high now.

Also make sure you set the height with the battery in the car. Without the battery it will sit much higher.
It's still pretty high and the front remains about 7-8mm higher then the rear.
I also noticed that the droop screws are fully tightened hence they aren't working at all on the rear suspensions. There are standard screws as droops so it's not a quick fix.
I'm going to take it apart in the weekend, replace the screws with proper droops and do some tuning.
My concern was that i was missing something weird about truggy/mt height setup but seems that it came not setup correctly. Not a big issue anyway :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back