Infraction GRP gtx01-s7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marucci87

Reaction score
These GRP revo xo1 s7 tires are amazingly sticky in 43F temps…I believe I bought the hardest less sticky they offer right? There is a unmistakable difference between these and the white Hoons, I like to slide around and drift and these make it a lot harder to get it to hold a beautiful slide. I like the fact that there’s 2 full runs on them and they still have a lot of life left but I might try the silver Hoons next. It’s just a massive different feel when driving. Maybe I need to get used to them, maybe just need to bump up my punch setting too, see how it goes I might try the silver Hoons next. I can tell already that these tires will go at the least 7 plus packs on my 6200 mah batteries.

Hoons and GRP's hardness don't compare to each other.
I will guess that the hardest Silver Hoons will still be softer than the S7's. I could be wrong??:unsure:
In theory, on paper, S7's shouldn't hook up well at 43F. In practice you see differently.(y)
Thanks for sharing.:cool:

Silver hoons not hooking up over here today. All over the place. Bout 45 out. They got warm but not sticky.

25098C6E-5054-4E0E-9E82-9768C6B047AB.jpeg

I got those 53/107 Felony Hoons also. (White) I never felt they hooked up well, even in hot climates. They are so different compared to the smaller hoons. Compound wise. These feel so hard all the time.

20210127_151642-jpg.122875

I got those 53/107 Felony Hoons also. (White) I never felt they hooked up well, even in hot climates. They are so different compared to the smaller hoons. Compound wise. These feel so hard all the time.

20210127_151642-jpg.122875
What is that!? Lol. Loved me some white limitless hoons!!

GRP S7 is the hardest compound, mine last about 10 packs.
For 43F though I'd go with S2-S3, but by all means they all heat up and start sticking after 30s-1min.

Hoons are an utter disaster in my opinion, there is nothing good about them other than the white writing on the wall and that wears off after kissing the curb. High price, low performance, they do smoke very well though.

Hoons and GRP's hardness don't compare to each other.
I will guess that the hardest Silver Hoons will still be softer than the S7's. I could be wrong??:unsure:
In theory, on paper, S7's shouldn't hook up well at 43F. In practice you see differently.(y)
Thanks for sharing.:cool:
Maybe I’m just crazy, I just liked the way the car broke the tires loose with the white Hoons, felt more predictable and easier to start a drift/power slide and hold it..I’m hoping the silver ones are similar to the whites but last longer, the s7 grp’s get stupid sticky…there was pebbles, leaves all kinds of stuff sticking to them. The Hoons did the same but I could just wipe the debris off by hand, I literally had to take a metal brush to get the stuff off the grp’s. Maybe I just need to get used to them…I also did a no no, I changed my diff fluid to 50k in the rear, changed the front camber to zero degrees right before I put the tires on so who’s knows maybe to much changed to know..but 100% has a lot more traction with those tires I’m not having a issue steering. I expected less traction being the hardest compound. Side note I wanted equal to less traction to the white Hoons. I’m gonna raise my punch if that doesn’t do it I might go down to a tooth or 2 on my pinion, I’m not worried about top speed I rather drift around like a hooligan, maybe that thicker fluid in the rear is the reason why I can’t kick it out as easy as before…but being more posi should make it easier you would think. IDK maybe just put my original Outcast 8s motor in it with a max6 esc and solve my issue for good. In theory if I do that and keep using the grp tires I would save money in the end. I just need to make the family understand that this needs to be done. Maybe you guys can talk to them for me? My name is Mike, I am a non recovering RC addict.

Hoons are like driving on ice. Rarely do they hook at all. S7 Revos should surely be better. S1 Revos would be another level up again. I find 40 shore foams like BSR Purple and Gone Bananas to be another level up in traction. Now I haven’t done much cold weather testing yet, but for warmer (70F+) times they get way more grip than any other hard rubber tire IMO.

Hoons are like driving on ice. Rarely do they hook at all. S7 Revos should surely be better. S1 Revos would be another level up again. I find 40 shore foams like BSR Purple and Gone Bananas to be another level up in traction. Now I haven’t done much cold weather testing yet, but for warmer (70F+) times they get way more grip than any other hard rubber tire IMO.
I was really going for equal or less traction and more tire life getting the s7 compound, but I just got a way better gripping tire.

Try the GRP slicks instead of the treaded. ( grooved)
Maybe better luck?
For your intended purpose.

Try the GRP slicks instead of the treaded. ( grooved)
Maybe better luck?
For your intended purpose.
Yes, I will give that a try next! But any reason to put a bigger motor and or esc would be great. I wouldn’t mind getting away from the current esc, its junk imo…I’m on my 3rd one in my Talion ex. Would I gain if I were to put a HW max6 with stock motor and use 6s only? If that didn’t work out I can just put my old Outcast 8s motor in it and put a taller pinion on and go 8s Idk so many choices.

Your option makes much sense to me on 6s/Max6. And its a future proof setup if you want to go all the way with 8s and the big Firma motor.
(y)

Your option makes much sense to me on 6s/Max6. And its a future proof setup if you want to go all the way with 8s and the big Firma motor.
(y)
You sold me, it’s going into motion. Also my next set of tires will be the grp TO2 S7 slick style. Thanks for the push in that direction. As I said before, I’m just going to save money in the end using the GRP tires. After about 10-12 sets of grp’s instead of Hoons I saved the price of the Max6. I can even take out the original Outcast 8s esc that I put in my Xmaxx and try it out first for proof of concept, they are close enuf in common to see where I will be at.

I've tried S2, S4, S5 and S7 in temps from 40F-100F (air). They all held up equally, roughly 10 packs under my driving conditions.
Just a matter of handling preference.
Grooved vs slicks, no observable impact on wear and tear, just optics.
All this is on parking lot asphalt. My preferred option is S5.

By all means try it out, like I said, you will get 10 packs per set if you rotate in between.

I've tried S2, S4, S5 and S7 in temps from 40F-100F (air). They all held up equally, roughly 10 packs under my driving conditions.
Just a matter of handling preference.
Grooved vs slicks, no observable impact on wear and tear, just optics.
All this is on parking lot asphalt. My preferred option is S5.

By all means try it out, like I said, you will get 10 packs per set if you rotate in between.
^^^ This.
Yes you can get 10+ packs easily. I vouch for this.
Always rotate them.(y)
Really improves wear. Every pack rotate them. IMHO. More even wear. You don't want belts coming through on one pair or just one. Belts should start to come through slowly and show equally on all 4 tires. Then you know you got the most use out of the whole set. Wheel alignment is key also. I draw2 lines across my tire's tread 180 deg. apart, when new, and drive it slowly to see how my alignment is wearing against the tread. I use a white out marker. A correct alignment is most apparent when the tires are under load and driving. Not on the bench. This method reveals it much better.
It's just like a our scale cars we align and balance the wheels.
:cool:

This thread is very helpful. I've been thinking about GRPs as they're so much cheaper. I'm with @marucci87 on being able to lose traction with Hoons and drift with my Felony... I just prefer driving that way but might try the GRPs anyway

I use 100 and 107 silver compounds. There's slightly less grip than the whites but it's hardly noticeable and the wear rate seems almost the same too. I got through around 30 packs with the stock white compounds until the belts appeared, but I drove mostly on cool, dusty and super smooth tarmac in a covered car park. It's like it's on ice in this location (video is of it pretty much stock):

Well…I put the punch up 2 from stock, seems better but I had a problem with my servo. It kept making the esc restart…after that a few times it just died rolling away from me at a quick pace…great feeling to have…so helpless, but it tracked pretty straight into a field. The other side would have been a curb so lucky me. So after figuring out my servo was bad causing it to restart and die about 3 4 min into really giving these tires a real chance…only extra servo I have laying around is a 23 spine spectrum….I really wish everyone would just go to 25 as a standard. I may rip my Tekno Et48 2.0 servo out for now. I’m really starting to hate Arrma electronics…I wish Infraction came as a roller and the Talion exb, I have never had so much electronic issues in with rc. At least in my Outcast 8s the only thing stock now is the servo so yeah that’s on my mind. Well that’s my rant. Try again tomorrow I guess.

Maybe I’m just crazy, I just liked the way the car broke the tires loose with the white Hoons, felt more predictable and easier to start a drift/power slide and hold it..I’m hoping the silver ones are similar to the whites but last longer, the s7 grp’s get stupid sticky…there was pebbles, leaves all kinds of stuff sticking to them. The Hoons did the same but I could just wipe the debris off by hand, I literally had to take a metal brush to get the stuff off the grp’s. Maybe I just need to get used to them…I also did a no no, I changed my diff fluid to 50k in the rear, changed the front camber to zero degrees right before I put the tires on so who’s knows maybe to much changed to know..but 100% has a lot more traction with those tires I’m not having a issue steering. I expected less traction being the hardest compound. Side note I wanted equal to less traction to the white Hoons. I’m gonna raise my punch if that doesn’t do it I might go down to a tooth or 2 on my pinion, I’m not worried about top speed I rather drift around like a hooligan, maybe that thicker fluid in the rear is the reason why I can’t kick it out as easy as before…but being more posi should make it easier you would think. IDK maybe just put my original Outcast 8s motor in it with a max6 esc and solve my issue for good. In theory if I do that and keep using the grp tires I would save money in the end. I just need to make the family understand that this needs to be done. Maybe you guys can talk to them for me? My name is Mike, I am a non recovering RC addict.
I’m liking this description and comparison!😎 I felt like I was right there pebbles and all. I used to drive just like that for my first year with the Felony. Slowly upgrading to recent day. Hoons was all I knew until Grippers that I blew on the first 8s run. Better grip but not as durable and the belt is only glued, not intergraded. GRP has so many shore hardness options and even the hardest compound still gets sticky and won’t let you slide even if you tried 🤷‍♂️💪🤔 that’s a good problem to have if going straight is what you like. I love drifting but I’ve learned you can’t have them both at the same time.
South Florida with corse asphalt
85°F average .. so it seems that softer or harder is not really what determines how much grip you’ll get, but it’s the temp and the surface condition. So it’s more like the combination of the two. BUT will a softer S2 work better on course asphalt than an S7 compound? Even though we know it will wear much faster, but would it be grippier because of the softer compound?

I’m liking this description and comparison!😎 I felt like I was right there pebbles and all. I used to drive just like that for my first year with the Felony. Slowly upgrading to recent day. Hoons was all I knew until Grippers that I blew on the first 8s run. Better grip but not as durable and the belt is only glued, not intergraded. GRP has so many shore hardness options and even the hardest compound still gets sticky and won’t let you slide even if you tried 🤷‍♂️💪🤔 that’s a good problem to have if going straight is what you like. I love drifting but I’ve learned you can’t have them both at the same time.
South Florida with corse asphalt
85°F average .. so it seems that softer or harder is not really what determines how much grip you’ll get, but it’s the temp and the surface condition. So it’s more like the combination of the two. BUT will a softer S2 work better on course asphalt than an S7 compound? Even though we know it will wear much faster, but would it be grippier because of the softer compound?
Old thread but still very applicable.
Above 90F I'd go with S7, for 60-90F S4 or S5 (or XM5 is the new name)and below 60F I'd use S2'ish.
I'm mainly on S5 as I don't drive much above 90F ambient as asphalt is in the 120F from the get go and driver would want an AC upgrade ;)

There are also the Chinese hoons which are pretty decent, search for 'choons'. Just don't use them below 60F, the plastic will crack. For myself, ran through 2 sets and the cost difference plus shipping delays wasn't worth it but they are good. Stick with one company to get used to the handling.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/any-tire-recommendations.60736/#post-905422

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back