Infraction Grp tires slight rub on rear?

Sejintsume

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently got an Infraction and I have been loving it! I got a set of GRP tires today and noticed I side of the rim there appears to be ever so slight of a rub. Is this normal? Im guessing it is. PXL_20210604_212321558.jpg

jondilly1974

Speed running apprentice, motor Slayer 🤘
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
Hey everyone, I recently got an Infraction and I have been loving it! I got a set of GRP tires today and noticed I side of the rim there appears to be ever so slight of a rub. Is this normal? Im guessing it is. View attachment 150215
Yeah it happens on some sets. Which wheel style did you get?

jondilly1974

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
They're GTX01-S7 T01 Revo. Not sure which part of that is the meaningful one.
They make a GTJ series that has hard white wheels and wondered if that was what you bought. Seems as if you have the standard black wheels. Did you balance them?

Sejintsume

Reaction score
They make a GTJ series that has hard white wheels and wondered if that was what you bought. Seems as if you have the standard black wheels. Did you balance them?
I did actually. So there was some stones on putty in there but I cleaned it out and put a new putty. Do I just need to accept that stones are going to get in there? And do you think that is what caused the wear? You can kind of see the yellow putty in the picture on the rubbed part.

jondilly1974

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Typhon 3s
I did actually. So there was some stones on putty in there but I cleaned it out and put a new putty. Do I just need to accept that stones are going to get in there? And do you think that is what caused the wear? You can kind of see the yellow putty in the picture on the rubbed part.
I prefer the golf club weight tape to the putty for this very reason. It doesn’t attract stone and it is much lower profile. Still unsure what the cause is here as it’s not in my hands. I would put it up on a block and run it a little and check for excessive vibrations. See if the suspension is loose or something. Maybe the hex/axle needs shimmed? Maybe a bad bearing?

jkflow

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
Yes, it's normal and won't do any structural damage. Just some rubbing.
You want the GRP GTJ02 - xx style. That is the hard plastic. It will still rub a little but less flex and therefore less overall.
Eventually it will become a non-issue altogether.

Sejintsume

Reaction score
Yes, it's normal and won't do any structural damage. Just some rubbing.
You want the GRP GTJ02 - xx style. That is the hard plastic. It will still rub a little but less flex and therefore less overall.
Eventually it will become a non-issue altogether.
Thank you!! Am I right in that those are only slicks? Not treads? What's the pros and cons to using one over the other? Do the slicks last longer?

jkflow

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
Thank you!! Am I right in that those are only slicks? Not treads? What's the pros and cons to using one over the other? Do the slicks last longer?

Late to the party...."J" is right you want the "Hard RIM" only sold in white as you know by now.

My Infraction I get the little stones and rocks in the clay....will not throw off the handling...well I am not a speedrunner but for bashing no change. I do balance all new rims as well.

As stated above, you will get some small rubbing nothing as bad as the non-J the others just flex too much under bashing. I did also sand my hubs a little and added some gorilla tape on top to help...don't like the markings on my HR hubs.

I buy the treaded tires but they all are slicks after a few bashes. I run mine until the tires peel off to get the most out of them with rotations...but the tread goes away quickly and all you are looking at are slicks in my opinion. Now as slicks the bashing drifting fun is no different to me as treads. The sticky tire compound makes a difference S5, S7. S5 I will not go any lower than that.

Sejintsume

Reaction score
Late to the party...."J" is right you want the "Hard RIM" only sold in white as you know by now.

My Infraction I get the little stones and rocks in the clay....will not throw off the handling...well I am not a speedrunner but for bashing no change. I do balance all new rims as well.

As stated above, you will get some small rubbing nothing as bad as the non-J the others just flex too much under bashing. I did also sand my hubs a little and added some gorilla tape on top to help...don't like the markings on my HR hubs.

I buy the treaded tires but they all are slicks after a few bashes. I run mine until the tires peel off to get the most out of them with rotations...but the tread goes away quickly and all you are looking at are slicks in my opinion. Now as slicks the bashing drifting fun is no different to me as treads. The sticky tire compound makes a difference S5, S7. S5 I will not go any lower than that.
Thank you for the information. This will all be helpful to me and others. After running the slicks I'm not sure how I feel about them. Took a little bit to open the rubber up as it was wet when I first took them out. But definitely a super sticky tire once warmed up. Even as a s7. I think I may stick to the treads too.

jkflow

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Talion
Water is like wet ice for these tires.
I've tried S4-S7 for bashing and like you said, after ~ 30s of tire warming they are all sticky, like wet chewing gum.

Frankca24

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 8s
Ive ran the S4s and S7s on my Infraction. I never really had an issue with them. I have heard of this happening on occasion so I make it a point to check them before I rip.