Infraction Grp tires slight rub on rear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sejintsume

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently got an Infraction and I have been loving it! I got a set of GRP tires today and noticed I side of the rim there appears to be ever so slight of a rub. Is this normal? Im guessing it is.
PXL_20210604_212321558.jpg

Hey everyone, I recently got an Infraction and I have been loving it! I got a set of GRP tires today and noticed I side of the rim there appears to be ever so slight of a rub. Is this normal? Im guessing it is.View attachment 150215
Yeah it happens on some sets. Which wheel style did you get?

They're GTX01-S7 T01 Revo. Not sure which part of that is the meaningful one.
They make a GTJ series that has hard white wheels and wondered if that was what you bought. Seems as if you have the standard black wheels. Did you balance them?

They make a GTJ series that has hard white wheels and wondered if that was what you bought. Seems as if you have the standard black wheels. Did you balance them?
I did actually. So there was some stones on putty in there but I cleaned it out and put a new putty. Do I just need to accept that stones are going to get in there? And do you think that is what caused the wear? You can kind of see the yellow putty in the picture on the rubbed part.

I did actually. So there was some stones on putty in there but I cleaned it out and put a new putty. Do I just need to accept that stones are going to get in there? And do you think that is what caused the wear? You can kind of see the yellow putty in the picture on the rubbed part.
I prefer the golf club weight tape to the putty for this very reason. It doesn’t attract stone and it is much lower profile. Still unsure what the cause is here as it’s not in my hands. I would put it up on a block and run it a little and check for excessive vibrations. See if the suspension is loose or something. Maybe the hex/axle needs shimmed? Maybe a bad bearing?

Yes, it's normal and won't do any structural damage. Just some rubbing.
You want the GRP GTJ02 - xx style. That is the hard plastic. It will still rub a little but less flex and therefore less overall.
Eventually it will become a non-issue altogether.

Yes, it's normal and won't do any structural damage. Just some rubbing.
You want the GRP GTJ02 - xx style. That is the hard plastic. It will still rub a little but less flex and therefore less overall.
Eventually it will become a non-issue altogether.
Thank you!! Am I right in that those are only slicks? Not treads? What's the pros and cons to using one over the other? Do the slicks last longer?

Thank you!! Am I right in that those are only slicks? Not treads? What's the pros and cons to using one over the other? Do the slicks last longer?

Late to the party...."J" is right you want the "Hard RIM" only sold in white as you know by now.

My Infraction I get the little stones and rocks in the clay....will not throw off the handling...well I am not a speedrunner but for bashing no change. I do balance all new rims as well.

As stated above, you will get some small rubbing nothing as bad as the non-J the others just flex too much under bashing. I did also sand my hubs a little and added some gorilla tape on top to help...don't like the markings on my HR hubs.

I buy the treaded tires but they all are slicks after a few bashes. I run mine until the tires peel off to get the most out of them with rotations...but the tread goes away quickly and all you are looking at are slicks in my opinion. Now as slicks the bashing drifting fun is no different to me as treads. The sticky tire compound makes a difference S5, S7. S5 I will not go any lower than that.

Late to the party...."J" is right you want the "Hard RIM" only sold in white as you know by now.

My Infraction I get the little stones and rocks in the clay....will not throw off the handling...well I am not a speedrunner but for bashing no change. I do balance all new rims as well.

As stated above, you will get some small rubbing nothing as bad as the non-J the others just flex too much under bashing. I did also sand my hubs a little and added some gorilla tape on top to help...don't like the markings on my HR hubs.

I buy the treaded tires but they all are slicks after a few bashes. I run mine until the tires peel off to get the most out of them with rotations...but the tread goes away quickly and all you are looking at are slicks in my opinion. Now as slicks the bashing drifting fun is no different to me as treads. The sticky tire compound makes a difference S5, S7. S5 I will not go any lower than that.
Thank you for the information. This will all be helpful to me and others. After running the slicks I'm not sure how I feel about them. Took a little bit to open the rubber up as it was wet when I first took them out. But definitely a super sticky tire once warmed up. Even as a s7. I think I may stick to the treads too.

Water is like wet ice for these tires.
I've tried S4-S7 for bashing and like you said, after ~ 30s of tire warming they are all sticky, like wet chewing gum.

Ive ran the S4s and S7s on my Infraction. I never really had an issue with them. I have heard of this happening on occasion so I make it a point to check them before I rip.

Let us know how they hold up. I can't find any supplier or pricing in the US. How much is a pair and where did you buy them?
At the right price, shipping might be acceptable.

Let us know how they hold up. I can't find any supplier or pricing in the US. How much is a pair and where did you buy them?
At the right price, shipping might be acceptable.
I got them from this site:

https://www.louiserc.eu/1-8-Scale/1-8-Rally-Game-GT/

Had to trim the spliter to avoid rubbing when turning full to both sides...

They look great, still haven't changed for the speed pinion and I'm with stock electronics...

20210718_220054.jpg

20210718_220754.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back