Grp tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More grip and therefore wear faster. The harder compound only grips well on hot pavement/after the tires are warmed up.

Also, I believe the softer tires will also blow easier. At least that was my recent experience. My S1’s recently blew one tire after a 130mph pass

Also, I believe the softer tires will also blow easier. At least that was my recent experience. My S1’s recently blew one tire after a 130mph pass

I had one s7 blow on my second run with it, about 110-115mph. I’m a speed run rookie though, so maybe it was some unknown rookie mistake, but I’ve had a set of s3’s last multiple 120mph runs and multiple crashes.

I had one s7 blow on my second run with it, about 110-115mph. I’m a speed run rookie though, so maybe it was some unknown rookie mistake, but I’ve had a set of s3’s last multiple 120mph runs and multiple crashes.
Temps are definitely a factor. Also, you want to make sure your diffs are almost locked for speed runs as having one wheel diff out could be catastrophic.

Also, you want to make sure your diffs are almost locked for speed runs as having one wheel diff out could be catastrophic.

The above is a very grey area in my opinion..?
See my post about speed running diff oil..!!

Ambient temperature plays a lot into tyre choice as stated above, go as hard as you can but match tyres to the temp of your running situation.
Example.. hot running conditions would require a hard compound where as colder running conditions would require softer compound..

Also physics say that a harder tyre would have less rolling resistance therefore making you go faster..?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back