GRP wheels and tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

work the hardest when no one is watching
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
I’ve been looking at GRP wheels for my infraction. There’s quite a few options wanted to get some feedback. I was looking at the soft/medium but wasn’t sure.
I’ve been running Hoon’s white and golds.

Absolutely go with the new ones over the old ones. The new ones are much better balanced.
Few other things that are interesting only the GTJ wheel is the hard wheel and only comes in white. All other wheels are the "soft/flexible" wheel, absolutely fine for street use, bashing, or racing. Just for 100+mph speeds the hard wheel is important.

I like the GRP GTJ03-XM3 for speedrunning, but if you are parking lot bashing you would want a medium or medium/hard compound.

https://www.hobbyheroes.com/collect...soft-white-new-20-spoke-rubber-tires-hard-rim

I have been running s7 slicks for a while, and they seem to have noticeably more grip than white hoons now that it is summer. I also ran s4 slicks. S4s seem to have more grip than s7s, but they don’t seem as sticky. The s7s will pick up pebbles when they are warm, but the s4s seems soft without being sticky. It has left me a little confused, and I’d be interested to hear more about the experience of other people.

The white hoons seem like the worst of the three street wheels I have tried. There was a really good sale on hoons that just ended, and I’d still rather go with any grp wheels over the hoons on sale. The hoons wear faster while having the worst grip.

BTW, just looked @ hobby heroes website earlier today & they've got a LOT of grps on sale

Screenshot_20220714-184929_Samsung Internet.jpg

Absolutely go with the new ones over the old ones. The new ones are much better balanced.
Few other things that are interesting only the GTJ wheel is the hard wheel and only comes in white. All other wheels are the "soft/flexible" wheel, absolutely fine for street use, bashing, or racing. Just for 100+mph speeds the hard wheel is important.

I like the GRP GTJ03-XM3 for speedrunning, but if you are parking lot bashing you would want a medium or medium/hard compound.

https://www.hobbyheroes.com/collect...soft-white-new-20-spoke-rubber-tires-hard-rim
I’m going to try a pair out (hard rim) and a couple other ones. Thanks for the rim info. I’m new to the streets lol. I got kratons, short course truck and crawlers but nothing for the road. Always liked street rigs I guess nothing said buy me until saw the infraction.

I’ve been looking at GRP wheels for my infraction. There’s quite a few options wanted to get some feedback. I was looking at the soft/medium but wasn’t sure.
I’ve been running Hoon’s white and golds.

Lots of good feedback from some good folks here already. The best answer is to try a few brands, compounds and see what works for you.

Bashing is all I do, and I drift bash hard...killing a set of tires after 2x full battery packs in the Infraction v1. I started with the white Hoons. Good...tried the silver for the hot summer heat and the gold for the winter. Disappointed tire wear was fast, but a lot of this was me and how I run it.

So for a year, I did the GRP S5 for the cold and S7 when hot. I like the GRP....but I went back to the Hoons. My issue only saying this for me....the GRP has low tread. Since I am a hard drift basher, they eat away from the edges faster and have more rim exposure on the rim edge. This leads to very bad drift turns when they get to this point will not bite into the turn anymore, but center yes I still have tire left...no good drift action, although with center meat.

Going back to the Hoons for my style, I can drift longer with more tire so as they wear even on the edges, I still get more power drift time and corner biting compared to the GRP.

I've found the Hoons better for my needs...so this recent sale was good since I had a number of GRP tires I stopped using. In all cases, both brands, I do balance my tires, my Infraction suspension, stance, and droops are dialed perfect, I do rotate my tires, and I get even tire wear, but my drift slides eat the edges otherwise, camber and toe are spot on.

Best luck, and have fun!!! (y)

Thx for the link on the grip tires gunna check ‘‘em out

I’m going to try a pair out (hard rim) and a couple other ones. Thanks for the rim info. I’m new to the streets lol. I got kratons, short course truck and crawlers but nothing for the road. Always liked street rigs I guess nothing said buy me until saw the infraction.
Picked up a pair of each.

DA063D98-C740-4BEF-9093-D7A17503362D.png

I have been running s7 slicks for a while, and they seem to have noticeably more grip than white hoons now that it is summer. I also ran s4 slicks. S4s seem to have more grip than s7s, but they don’t seem as sticky. The s7s will pick up pebbles when they are warm, but the s4s seems soft without being sticky. It has left me a little confused, and I’d be interested to hear more about the experience of other people.

The white hoons seem like the worst of the three street wheels I have tried. There was a really good sale on hoons that just ended, and I’d still rather go with any grp wheels over the hoons on sale. The hoons wear faster while having the worst grip.
I really like the way you described the different compounds, that was insightful! I wanted to know if softer compound GRP are going to blow out easier than a harder compound? If you’re saying that the S7 hardest compound is still grippier than white Hoons? I’m driving on corse asphalt in Florida. I want smoke and I want to try prep drag and I want to do 100 with no fear. So if I were to pick 3 sets, what would be the choices?

I'm using mainly S5 in Florida myself on a bus parking lot i.e. asphalt.
They need 30s to warm up and get sticky. S7 works as well during summer.
Don't believe they are different in strength, i.e. 100mph should be fine but wouldn't go much beyond.

Smoke and tire tracks, during acceleration, are easy to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back