Outcast Grub screw back out of pinion today should I loctite it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds ok to me I’d run a piece of paper through it to see how bad the crease in the paper is
What about the grub screw should I put some loctite on it? It back out on me today mid bash and I thought either my spur gear or my rear diff was stripped but they're both ok.
Edit: this is how easy the pinion was to take out.

Looks a little tight to me. You can wallow the hole out or get the adjustable motor mount. And yes loctite the grub
Any thing metal to metal loctite????
I'll get some today. It didn't seem like the applied any in the factory, that seems a bit surprising to me.

I'll get some today. It didn't seem like the applied any in the factory, that seems a bit surprising to me.
Blue loctite is what you need. On the factory using loctite. I’d rather leave it up to me. I’m guessing you never wrenched on a v3 6s model??‍♂️??‍♂️ The red loctite monster

I also think I inadvertently found the source of my wheel wobble, it seems to be coming from my spur gear/slipper clutch assembly.

Also isn't this too tight of a gear mess? Didn't change the motor position it came like this from the factory.

Your mesh seems fine. Far as locktite, I always put a tiny amount on the shaft and then proper locktite the grub screw. Blue locktite works fine, just gotta give it a day to cure before use ;)

Last edited:
Also (lol this is starting to get ridiculous) I think the gears in my steering servo are stripped was a good replacement for a 4s Outcast?

That mesh is pretty good, but possibly a little tight. What I would do is put the cover back on and spin the slipper around 360 degrees, checking the mesh every 1/4 turn. Reason being the spur may not be perfectly round and the one spot you’re checking could be a low spot. You should always check all the way around. If you need to space it out further you can always drill out the motor mount holes just a little bit bigger.

Also (lol this is starting to get ridiculous) I think the gears in my steering servo are stripped was a good replacement for a 4s Outcast?

While not the fastest I've had real good luck with these servos:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07GJ6ZCVY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

For the servo, make sure you are setting your steering rate so the servo is not being pushed too hard at max turn. Basically you want to set it so the servo stops right around where the steering physically stops itself. I have not had any servos burn out and I think it's because I make sure to set my rates before bashing...

Bumping old thread.. curious would i be ok without loctite?

Just finished changing the pinion gear on my senton, turning in into ba monster senton, anyhow. Is there a risk of damaging the motor of i didn't use locktite on the grub screw?

I only used the Arrma pinions when running the fixed motor mount from the V2. I found too much variation in off brand pinions. Yes, need loctite on the grub and any other time going metal to metal.

Bumping old thread.. curious would i be ok without loctite?

Just finished changing the pinion gear on my senton, turning in into ba monster senton, anyhow. Is there a risk of damaging the motor of i didn't use locktite on the grub screw?
You are very unlikely to damage the motor, you could however damage the pinion/spur.
The pinion could move out of alignment with the spur and the reduced contact area will chew the teeth up.

Personally I use red loctite but I run very stupid gearing and nothing else worked - Many people tell me that I didn't clean the threads etc enough which is laughable, a hot alcohol bath with a wire brush and a brand new grub fails for me with blue loctite.
If you don't have blue loctite, I'd suggest pushing the grub through a decently thick plastic baggy into the pinion threads, prior to red loctite this was a method I've used a fair amount and it often worked.
It makes something akin to a budget nyloc so the grub won't back out, failing that you're going to want loctite.

Since i changed to bigger tires on my senton i changed the pinion to 15t also Arrma, i didn't have any loctite and wanted to bash tomorrow..lol guess I'll wait and add loctitie to play it safe.. thanks..
You are very unlikely to damage the motor, you could however damage the pinion/spur.
The pinion could move out of alignment with the spur and the reduced contact area will chew the teeth up.

Personally I use red loctite but I run very stupid gearing and nothing else worked - Many people tell me that I didn't clean the threads etc enough which is laughable, a hot alcohol bath with a wire brush and a brand new grub fails for me with blue loctite.
If you don't have blue loctite, I'd suggest pushing the grub through a decently thick plastic baggy into the pinion threads, prior to red loctite this was a method I've used a fair amount and it often worked.
It makes something akin to a budget nyloc so the grub won't back out, failing that you're going to want loctite.
Thanks. I rather not chance it. I'll pick up loctite.... I'll bash my typhon instead...lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back