Limitless GT body question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
Any drawback to running a GT body on a stock limitless chassis? I'll probably do a GT chassis at some point but there's a few bodies I REALLY like the looks of.

Any drawback to running a GT body on a stock limitless chassis? I'll probably do a GT chassis at some point but there's a few bodies I REALLY like the looks of.
Nope, I'm running a bitty 7s body on stock chassis had to change to infraction front body post mounts. love the extra space inside for batteries etc

The Bitty Seven65 is at the top of my list. Amain lists a bunch of stuff I need to make it work.
sorry I also had to buy the bumper support got away without using the bumper and used some body posts that came with my EBX Kraton .I have just fitted the scorched carbon splitter &side skirts
sorry I also had to buy the bumper support got away without using the bumper and used some body posts that came with my EBX Kraton .I have just fitted the scorched carbon splitter &side skirts

Attachments

• IMG_20210827_095027.jpg
    IMG_20210827_095027.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20210922_164223.jpg
    IMG_20210922_164223.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20220216_003207.jpg
    IMG_20220216_003207.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20220216_003137.jpg
    IMG_20220216_003137.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I think it depends what your intended use is and related question of what speeds.

An open wheel car is far less likely to flip from air getting under the front. (significantly less surface area)
For that reason GT cars over 90mph are considered harder to setup.

Then comes the topic of body flex. Bodies like the bitty designs are thinner/softer plastic than a delta plastiks speed run body.
Another consideration would be body mounting if you are going for high speeds.

Notice the aluminum body mounts front and rear to reduce flex on Raz's quad motor car:
1645030936836.png

☝🏼 as @LibertyMKiii said application is going to be the deciding factor. If your going to bash around the wider GT body on stock width chassis will be fine. For speed running you'll want to get some wide side skirts to close the large gap or a GT chassis as you'll have bad parachuting if not. I just went to a DP Toyota GT one body and Basherqueen 63mm side skirts as I speed run and can't have the gaps or it will take flight 🛫 she also has smaller skirts as I believe the 63mm is too wide for the Bitty bodys.

☝🏼 as @LibertyMKiii said application is going to be the deciding factor. If your going to bash around the wider GT body on stock width chassis will be fine. For speed running you'll want to get some wide side skirts to close the large gap or a GT chassis as you'll have bad parachuting if not. I just went to a DP Toyota GT one body and Basherqueen 63mm side skirts as I speed run and can't have the gaps or it will take flight 🛫 she also has smaller skirts as I believe the 63mm is too wide for the Bitty bodys.
Like this 👍

IMG_20220216_195838.jpg

Ok well I changed my mind. I'm going to get the DP Toyota GT body. I get the side skirts and mounting and all that. Next question is about front splitter/bumper. I see some people running what looks like an Infraction splitter. Does one work better? Also, I see people with foam on the front bumper. I'm assuming that's to help with turbulence? Which foam would be the best to use with the Toyota GT body?

Last edited:
I have not paid for it. Was working out the paint scheme with one of our resident artists. My PB is 132 so far so yes, I’ll be going over 100.
I was just going to remind you that the Ford FC100 is the body to get if your goal is higher speeds.
Just a really great body overall with a good balance of all aspects.

If you are doing this with a high focus on the paint job/cosmetics then I totally understand why you would go with the other body...

I was just going to remind you that the Ford FC100 is the body to get if your goal is higher speeds.
Just a really great body overall with a good balance of all aspects.

If you are doing this with a high focus on the paint job/cosmetics then I totally understand why you would go with the other body...
Thanks for the input. Everything is appreciated. Yea I just really like the Toyota. I also look at it like this. If I can get in the 150/60’s with that body then I’ll probably just build a GT chassis from scratch after that with another body.

Thanks for the input. Everything is appreciated. Yea I just really like the Toyota. I also look at it like this. If I can get in the 150/60’s with that body then I’ll probably just build a GT chassis from scratch after that with another body.
Sounds good.
The Toyota body was the first Delta Plastiks body I bought about 5 years ago for a Slash 4x4 when I jumped into this money pit o_O

My wife said it looked like the Batmobile. I'll admit it was tacky but I was going for high contrast/ high visibility.
That poor car never saw over 100mph. It had demons inside that I could never sort out....
slash4x4.JPG

Sounds good.
The Toyota body was the first Delta Plastiks body I bought about 5 years ago for a Slash 4x4 when I jumped into this money pit o_O

My wife said it looked like the Batmobile. I'll admit it was tacky but I was going for high contrast/ high visibility.
That poor car never saw over 100mph. It had demons inside that I could never sort out....
View attachment 202489
With the rear stabilizers it kinda does look like the Batmobile. Lol. That’s the last thing I gotta sort out. The rear wing. It comes with one but I’m not sure how well it’ll work.

With the rear stabilizers it kinda does look like the Batmobile. Lol. That’s the last thing I gotta sort out. The rear wing. It comes with one but I’m not sure how well it’ll work.
Those plastic wings are never good for speeds above 60.
G10 plate or CF will be your best bet.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back