Kraton Guess it's about time to start breaking stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rexyboy

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Decided yesterday to build a ramp for my Kraton 6S so I could more consistently find some jumps nearby. Kraton is box spec at the moment so expect a little carnage in the coming days. Hopefully this weekend I can get it sheeted and try it out.

Ramp has 45 degree takeoff and a smoother transition than what appears in the photo.

Any bets on the first thing to break?

rc_ramp.jpg

Decided yesterday to build a ramp for my Kraton 6S so I could more consistently find some jumps nearby. Kraton is box spec at the moment so expect a little carnage in the coming days. Hopefully this weekend I can get it sheeted and try it out.

Ramp has 45 degree takeoff and a smoother transition than what appears in the photo.

View attachment 63187
Your bank account?

Bumper screws
Wing mount

It's funny, I'm yet to break a wing mount. Everyone seems to have issues with them but I'm still running the original one which is quite flexible. *** touch wood.

Last edited:
Front right a arm my bet?
Bumper screws

It's funny, I'm yet to break a wing mount. Everyone seems to have issues with them but I'm still running the original one which its quite flexible. *** touch wood.
I’ve yet to break mine too. But I have no wing left?

You know at least someone could say ...'you'll be solid. I reckon you will run out of packs before you break anything'. Either way I will keep this thread updated.

She'll be right mate. Just send it. What could go wrong? Arrma tough. ........ is that what you want to hear? ???

View attachment 63187
What was your H/L/W measurements? I'm about to build something similar

looks great...any final pics or action video??

What was your H/L/W measurements? I'm about to build something similar

looks great...any final pics or action video??
I would go about 2-3’H, 3-4’L and min 3’ wide. If that’s not enough you can always build another. ?

OK. I have finally had a chance to sheet up the ramp and it is ready for a run prior to painting assuming it doesn't need mod's.

Size is 1060mm (42") long x 600mm (24") high by 810mm (32") wide. Most of the dimensions chose themselves. I couldn't fit anything longer in my car (this just fits), the width is a standard sheet of ply and any wider would mean more cost and the height was cause I had some ply lying around the house. I initially wanted to go twice the width of the Kraton (2x450mm) but the standard sheet size was close enough.

Over 40 degrees C (104 F+) here today so not sure it will get a look in. Watch this space.......

rc_ramp2.jpg

OK. I have finally had a chance to sheet up the ramp and it is ready for a run prior to painting assuming it doesn't need mod's.

Size is 1060mm (42") long x 600mm (24") high by 810mm (32") wide. Most of the dimensions chose themselves. I couldn't fit anything longer in my car (this just fits), the width is a standard sheet of ply and any wider would mean more cost and the height was cause I had some ply lying around the house. I initially wanted to go twice the width of the Kraton (2x450mm) but the standard sheet size was close enough.

Over 40 degrees C (104 F+) here today so not sure it will get a look in. Watch this space.......

View attachment 63505
Yeah man, looks great.
I'm in the same situation. Restricted by where the ramp is gonna go (transport), for me it's the back of the minivan. So plan is 30 inches tall, 50in long, and 45 inches wide.
The ideal is for every inch in height, you have 2 in length. I'm not too far off that but I really wanted more than two feet because I actually could go as high as 36....but that would likely be too steep. I'm restricted by the length of 50 inches. I might just trim a few inches more off the height to be more proportional. This would nemy big ramp.... Somehow I want to make another one to fit in my mini cooper ??
Thoughts?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back