Guess what happened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
So i decided to open my typhon 3s motor and the front bearing was black like black dye jesus lucky me ? so i decided to remove the ceramic rubber sealed bearing from the endcap of mh 4s motor who was taken apart tried the bread trick and.... lets just say my bearing got flooded by bread so i took an old metal shied stucked it inside the besring snd pushed and lubed with bearing oil the edge and it came off good lord i think i had to drill the endcap off. I though my bearing was dead because it was making a lot of vibrations when spining even after cleaning it on wd40 so i went fiddlestick off mode and got a toothbrush floded the bearing on water started cleaning it out and dried it immedietly with an air dryer for 5 mins and to my suprise the dam thing spins so quietly and smootly than before i did the same to another bearing and it spins like if it was riding like a dream. Is it okay to wash bearings with water and a brush and immedietly dry it out? This might be my new best way to clean bearings because the oil mess i make almost every week is paintful and is killing mypoor sensible hands

Omg dude. I think you get the 1st place trophy for “ I must do something to my rc everyday, even when it’s not broken”.

Kidding man. I’d be worried some moisture stays in there and you get some rust or something like that.

How’s that typhon though? I’m trying to convince the wife to let me start buying pieces to build one since they are not in stock anywhere.

Omg dude. I think you get the 1st place trophy for “ I must do something to my rc everyday, even when it’s not broken”.

Kidding man. I’d be worried some moisture stays in there and you get some rust or something like that.

How’s that typhon though? I’m trying to convince the wife to let me start buying pieces to build one since they are not in stock anywhere.
Its pretty great i need to tweak the front diff tho. A bit concerned about the motor besrings now
Even if i lubed them

IDK, water and bearings don't mix. I guess if you completely dry them out and relube them, no harm no foul.

You could try baking them in the oven for like half an hour to evaporate any moisture that's left, I haven't done this with bearings but I've done it with other metal parts for other things. I don't clean bearings often and normally just end up replacing them, but when I clean them just to get by until I got replacements ordered I use brake cleaner to clean them.

IDK, water and bearings don't mix. I guess if you completely dry them out and relube them, no harm no foul.
I know but bearing being wet for 1 min i don't think its going to do something terrible i have a control bearing anyway going to look at it tomorrow and see if the oil color becomes rusty or not
You could try baking them in the oven for like half an hour to evaporate any moisture that's left, I haven't done this with bearings but I've done it with other metal parts for other things. I don't clean bearings often and normally just end up replacing them, but when I clean them just to get by until I got replacements ordered I use brake cleaner to clean them.
You lucky i clean bearings everyweek they still crap on me lol
I have put the motor module togueter did not installed it yet tomorrow when im going to spin the motor and see how it feels

Do what I did and pack an o-ring on the motor shaft under the pinion, it helps seal off dirt getting into the motor ?

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/blx-motor.20999/page-2
Just read the thread and that looks awesome did you put an oring then the washer and squeeze it togueter with the pinion?
My bearings in the front are ceramic hybrid so i quess water doesn't matter much bit the cage is metal but i dried them with dryer for a few mins at maximum heat and full blast nothing to see inside with my flashlight

Just read the thread and that looks awesome did you put an oring then the washer and squeeze it togueter with the pinion?
My bearings in the front are ceramic hybrid so i quess water doesn't matter much bit the cage is metal but i dried them with dryer for a few mins at maximum heat and full blast nothing to see inside with my flashlight
Yes if you don't have any 5mm washers you could use another o-ring

If you do it, put some green slime or o-ring grease underneath it to keep it lubed and don't squeeze it too tight, you only want the pinion to sit on it and not push against it, or it will cause friction ?

Yes if you don't have any 5mm washers you could use another o-ring

If you do it, put some green slime or o-ring grease underneath it to keep it lubed and don't squeeze it too tight, you only want the pinion to sit on it and not push against it, or it will cause friction ?
I have orings made for a 3mm shaft i think 2 of themmight do that to my kraton 4s who gets quite dirty in terms of powder whatmakes me really concerned is if my motor blows no warranty on my typhon ? motor still spins really freely not like before with the crap it had
image.jpg

don't put sealed bearing on your end cap or you will regret it after
In my case i think my bearings are okay

Water for cleaning bearings won’t hurt. I clean my bearings in a ultrasonic cleaner using water. Blow off when done and relube.
Cool to hear someone else doing something similar i was searching on the forums and i was starting to get scred lol i wont do this to my normal bearings tho. Idk if my alcohol i get ussualy but it cleans nothing if i don't touch it while in videos i see it like of it was wd40
I started using water to clean the bearings 2 days ago in my wltoys 144001 i took that thing a few days ago before typhon thats when i decided to search a typhon. The bearings of that thing are tiny dropped them in wd40 fpr a while opened the bearings(it took me a long time) nothing was cleaning them compleetly so i had enough spray them with simple green and water and dried them out after. Bearings still sprin freely like before
i use oil in my motor bearings i quess that doesn't help displace water if there was remainings

Last edited:
Cool to hear someone else doing something similar i was searching on the forums and i was starting to get scred lol i wont do this to my normal bearings tho. Idk if my alcohol i get ussualy but it cleans nothing if i don't touch it while in videos i see it like of it was wd40
I started using water to clean the bearings 2 days ago in my wltoys 144001 i took that thing a few days ago before typhon thats when i decided to search a typhon. The bearings of that thing are tiny dropped them in wd40 fpr a while opened the bearings(it took me a long time) nothing was cleaning them compleetly so i had enough spray them with simple green and water and dried them out after. Bearings still sprin freely like before
i use oil in my motor bearings i quess that doesn't help displace water if there was remainings
Simple green is awesome, a good trick for getting water out is to soak/spray them with methyl hydrate (I’ve done this with larger bearings so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for RC bearings)

That is how bearing manufacturers recommend you clean them just use soapy water and dry them before oiling them. Plus they are hybrid ceramic bearings, that means ceramic balls and stainless steel so there is nothing to rust.

That is how bearing manufacturers recommend you clean them just use soapy water and dry them before oiling them. Plus they are hybrid ceramic bearings, that means ceramic balls and stainless steel so there is nothing to rust.
Stainless steel cage?.
Simple green is awesome, a good trick for getting water out is to soak/spray them with methyl hydrate (I’ve done this with larger bearings so I don’t see why it wouldn’t work for RC bearings)
I ussualy use alcohol but its always a huge mess i quess only my ceramic bearings who use oil are going to be washed with water not the normsl ones good luck removing grease lol
Simple green is good but i got the all purpose one not enough to degrease and other few stuff

Stainless steel cage?.

I ussualy use alcohol but its always a huge mess i quess only my ceramic bearings who use oil are going to be washed with water not the normsl ones good luck removing grease lol
Simple green is good but i got the all purpose one not enough to degrease and other few stuff
Yeah I think it's all stainless but don't quote me on that.

I can't remember if it was Avid or Acer but they recommend only using water and soap like dawn ect to clean the bearings they say not to use any cleaners or chemicals. I've always used break cleaner anyway and I haven't noticed it doing anything to the bearings

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back