Typhon gunnar's Typhon build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnar

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Typhon 6s
Got this thing years ago, 2005 maybe? Now it's time to throw some money at it. First a little pre-build fabbing, made some braces from 3/8"X1/2" 6061:
bothbrace.1.jpg

rrbrace.2.jpg

rrbrace.1.jpg

frtbrace.1.jpg
frtbrace.2.jpg

I'll be getting parts in all next month, should be getting the chassis soon. I'm sure you can guess what's here:
PPS.1.jpg

Last edited:
More pre-build action, decided to make a servo mount, didn't feel like diving into a chunk of 6061, so I made it out of the 3/16" 7075 plate on the bottom with 1/4" diameter 7075 rod for the standoffs:
srvmnt.1.jpg

I didn't have any 4mm buttons, so I found some 16mm long set screws and nylocks:

srvmnt.2.jpg

srvmnt.3.jpg

I'll clearance everything for the AmpedRC driveshafts when I get them in:

srvmnt.4.jpg

This PPS mount is incredible:

PPS.2.jpg

PPS.3.jpg

And last but not least some rear CVD's:

rrcvd.1.jpg

Hoping to get the chassis next week, as well as the motor, I have the ESC already. Amped D/S and shock towers maybe in a week or so.

Chassis made it in late last night:
newchas.1.jpg

newchas.2.jpg

Max6 and 4985 combo:
newchas.3.jpg

newchas.4.jpg

newchas.5.jpg

newchas.6.jpg

Still waiting on shock towers, driveshafts, 4mm buttons for the servo mount, and some alum rod to redo the rear brace spacers

Attachments

• newchas.1.jpg
    newchas.1.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 30
  • newchas.2.jpg
    newchas.2.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 28
  • newchas.3.jpg
    newchas.3.jpg
    524.9 KB · Views: 30
  • newchas.4.jpg
    newchas.4.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 27
Yes, I found the manual, printed 2014, my bad typo. Forgotten when I bought it.

Thanks for the comments guys, got some GPM diff cases (5 of them actually, for this and the limitless) and 4 GPM bulkheads for both cars as well:

GPM.1.jpg

GPM.2.jpg

GPM.3.jpg

Sharp eyed viewers will notice I switched back to the stock chassis, I'm going to machine down the thick one to 4-4.5mm next week, just too much weight. I'm going to make new spacers in aluminum for the front part of the Delrin wing mount seen above, and also clean this area up. Still waiting on driveshafts and shock towers.

Still some minor work to do, alum spacers:
rrspacer.1.jpg

Button heads in:
buttonhdsrvmnt.jpg

Well some bad news to report, was about 3/4 done machining down the thick chassis to 4mm when disaster struck and the part slipped out of the clamps, gouging the part pretty bad. I can still use it as drill template for the new sheet of 7075 I just got, so I'll start on that in a few days.

Was pulling the wing mount off, and somehow broke the tabs for the rear facing holes on the mount, so made a new one in 3/8" Delrin:
wing1.jpg

wing2.jpg

wing3.jpg

wing4.jpg

Body fits fine:

wngmnt.3.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my Ampd parts in from OZ
Ampd.1.jpg

Ampd.2.jpg

Ampd.3.jpg

Tomorrow I'll get these fitted up and clearanced:

Ampd.4.jpg

Thanks Mr. Duke, Harbor Freight for the win :) Servo mount clearanced (probably a bit too much):

supaHD.1.jpg

Remade front brace which didn't need much clearancing at all:

supaHD.2.jpg

Remade rear brace which did need quite a bit taken off:

supaHD.3.jpg

supaHD.4.jpg

supaHD.5.jpg

So the build is essentially finished, I still have to make the 7075 chassis, hopefully I can get started on that tomorrow or Sat.

Wanted to try a small plug to lessen driveshaft fore-aft play, 7075 8mm dia. 1.7mm thick:
DSplug.1.jpg

Front:

DSplug.2.jpg

The car seems to work fine, time will tell. The chassis will have to wait till next week unfortunately, but I'll get it done. Some general pics:

7-10car.1.jpg

7-10car.2.jpg

7-10car.3.jpg

7-10car.4.jpg

7-10car.7.jpg

7-10car.8.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back