Gyro question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kierthas

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 3s
I have a Radiolink RC4GS with a gyro arriving today was wondering can it be mounted vertically and still work correctly? or does it need to be horizontal it definitely won't fit in the reciever box horizontal I can mount it outside the box but that's not ideal really.

Another gyro question... just installed the receiver horizontally, And wth it enabled all my car will do is spin in a tight circle after a about 10 inches going forward new to this am i missing something?

Another gyro question... just installed the receiver horizontally, And wth it enabled all my car will do is spin in a tight circle after a about 10 inches going forward new to this am i missing something?
Sounds like the gyro is stuck ??‍♂️

well if i pick the car up and move it side to side the wheels move around like i'd expect but driving forward it will only do circles lol :cry:

Completly differnt gyro installed into different RC and it also spins in a tight circle with gyro on... This is with a RC4GS Radio link radio, I can only assume theres a setting messed up somewhere that I don't know about only had this radio about 2hrs.

Few pointers

-most gyros self centre so make sure you set steering trim etc with the gyro off.

-when turning on give it 4-5 secs before touching steering, most gyros give a little twitch once they have self centred.

-when gyro is on and you lift the car up hold it level and facing away from you, spin yourself to the left and the wheels should counter to the right (and vice a versa) once you stop spinning the wheels should centre.

-gyros need to be flat but they also need to be told orientation so if you install it sideways and don’t programme it as such when you drive forward the gyro will interpret it as a turn.

-if there’s no orientation setting just reposition the gyro 90* to the left or right

HTH

I revered the gyro setting and that stopped it going in circles. car does a wobble if the gyro is set above 50% seem to have to have it around 35 to 40% reversed it on my typhon then my servo seems to have totally died. Sigh...

it was from a Redcat terremoto that I got new like 5 months ago, the stock typhon 3s servo took a dump after like 1 month :/ looking at a coreless digital one on amazon acually 2 but one has a 280 degree angle and one has 180 degree angle not sure what i would need.

I revered the gyro setting and that stopped it going in circles. car does a wobble if the gyro is set above 50% seem to have to have it around 35 to 40% reversed it on my typhon then my servo seems to have totally died. Sigh...
My RC6GS does the same thing with any setting over 50% as well. I find that 20% is plenty of assist.

Thx for the info this is my first gyro and non RTR radio so im tryin to get it figured out lol... I think i may have it now, altough the steering wheel on the radio took a crap after a few hours somehow, it isn't springing back to center, already started a return/replace with amazon. Now I gotta find a good replacemnt servo for the Typhon since it randomly died dunno if it couldnt handle the gyro thing or what.

Thx for the info this is my first gyro and non RTR radio so im tryin to get it figured out lol... I think i may have it now, altough the steering wheel on the radio took a crap after a few hours somehow, it isn't springing back to center, already started a return/replace with amazon. Now I gotta find a good replacemnt servo for the Typhon since it randomly died dunno if it couldnt handle the gyro thing or what.
Hi my car is doing the same thing going around in circle! How did you sort it out? Thanks

Hi my car is doing the same thing going around in circle! How did you sort it out? Thanks
Dunno what gyro you have, mine is a Radiolink R6FG I think I had to push the bind button 2 times kinda fast can't remember exactly.

My RC6GS does the same thing with any setting over 50% as well. I find that 20% is plenty of assist.
My did the same thing and didn't understand what happen, I'm new to all this and there's a large learning curve. I had to add sub trim to +43 so I knew something was wrong, my truck work perfect with stock transmitter, and receiver but I just can't leave anything alone ! So I need to start over,put at zero trim or reset the transmitter setting. And orient the servo then see what I got, 45% up on the servo and it would wobble straightening up come out of a turn. I try to get my local hobby shop to help me but all they want to do is bind it. I'm wanting to pay someone to set it up the way I want it. I know I have to learn this stuff but I work on why more than I drive it. I think I'll post an add get it setup then ask them what they and what I need to know. The idea thing to do is have two vehicles some you have one to drive while the other is down, I'm going to get a Vortex or The Hoss and just leave it stock why I finish the Mojave the way I want it. Open to any suggests except going back to the stock trans/receiver.

20211101_201838.jpg

20211101_201943.jpg

Having the trim off center is perfectly fine and the reason it’s there.

Some gyros can be mounted on its side as well as flat.. Like the Spektrums.
And Gyros need to be taped and mounted secure before bindng. Most gyros are are done this way.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back