Notorious Haastnooit’s Notorious 6S BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Granite
  4. Infraction
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Notorious
Hi Everyone, my name is Ronald and I just recently registered to the Arrma forum. I live in the Netherlands and run RC cars together with my daughter Sienna. We started out bashing with a Maxx V2 for me and a Bigrock for my daughter. Good fun.

When the new 4S line was announced I preordered the cars (June 2022), delivery got postponed and postponed and … you guessed it. When the special offer appeared for the 6S Notorious I decided to cancel the Outcast en Kraton 4S and get us both a Notorious. Price was even lower then the 4S cars … no brainer.

As we are new to the Arrma 6S line I start this thread to get input of you more experienced users on the things we run in to. Probably a lot of the problems we will experience are discussed earlier on the forum. It takes me a long time to find information on the forum, mostly because of translation and not using the correct description of an issue.

So I hope I will get your help in this thread by posting your solutions here, or by linking to the thread that discusses the issue at hand.

We are currently preparing our cars for the first run, and have some questions about this proces.

(1) We are going to use GA bashing 6800mah 120C 6S lipos, they are a really tight fit (width is 1mm over maximum dimension). They fit in the bottom half of the battery box, but the top part does not fit.

379FBA36-7128-4B8A-8CBA-02CF00E6D616.jpeg

ED335961-A900-4030-9491-01C379CF62BF.jpeg

We are planning to run it without the top part as is on the photo below. I think this will be OK ? Agree ? If needed I can 3D Print a wider top part, but I don’t think it will aid in securing the lipo. Also it is easier to put in the big lipo without the top part installed.

41F096C5-905A-4095-A9F9-8754049A0CC9.jpeg

2) For now we have the double connector setup with the loopconnector on the ESC, but in the future I want to change this to a single connector. I don’t know what to do with the double smart cable (grey) as there are 2 of them. One will need to stay connected (I think the one the negative black) and the other one can be cut off ? Anyone done this ?

3F6D4F17-3B6F-45E1-9B74-23D9F6D76D2E.jpeg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums!! You made a great choice to go with the 6s rig over the 4s. I would get some spare shock rod ends and shock standoffs along with some A arms and hinge pins.

You're fine to run without that top part on the battery tray. As far as the smart wire, I'm not sure. Most people would tell you to just cut the wire off and be done with it but if you actually want to use the spektrum smart features you obviously can't do that.

Hi Everyone, my name is Ronald and I just recently registered to the Arrma forum. I live in the Netherlands and run RC cars together with my daughter Sienna. We started out bashing with a Maxx V2 for me and a Bigrock for my daughter. Good fun.

When the new 4S line was announced I preordered the cars (June 2022), delivery got postponed and postponed and … you guessed it. When the special offer appeared for the 6S Notorious I decided to cancel the Outcast en Kraton 4S and get us both a Notorious. Price was even lower then the 4S cars … no brainer.

As we are new to the Arrma 6S line I start this thread to get input of you more experienced users on the things we run in to. Probably a lot of the problems we will experience are discussed earlier on the forum. It takes me a long time to find information on the forum, mostly because of translation and not using the correct description of an issue.

So I hope I will get your help in this thread by posting your solutions here, or by linking to the thread that discusses the issue at hand.

We are currently preparing are cars for the first run, and have some questions about this proces.

(1) We are going to use gens-ace-r-spam bashing 6800mah 120C 6S lipos, they are a really tight fit (width is 1mm over maximum dimension). They fit in the bottom half of the battery box, but the top part does not fit.

View attachment 257421

View attachment 257422

We are planning to run it without the top part as is on the photo below. I think this will be OK ? Agree ? If needed I can 3D Print a wider top part, but I don’t think it will aid in securing the lipo. Also it is easier to put in the big lipo without the top part installed.

View attachment 257424

2) For now we have the double connector setup with the loopconnector on the ESC, but in the future I want to change this to a single connector. I don’t know what to do with the double smart cable (grey) as there are 2 of them. One will need to stay connected (I think the one the negative black) and the other one can be cut off ? Anyone done this ?

View attachment 257427
Welcome!

As for your battery connector. If you plan on never using spektrum batteries then you can cut and tape (or completely remove) the little smart wire on both connectors. Will operate fine without it in a single connector scenario.

Great call going for the notorious instead of waiting for the 4s models. I’m sure you will be much happier this was.

Welcome aboard!! You'll love the Noto!! 😁 ✌️

Thanks everyone.

About the connector, I also have 4 Spektrum 3S smart lipos I use for the Bigrock, Granite, LMT and Ryfts. But those are lower C rating, for now I want to have the possibility to be able to use them. Time will tell if I really going to, if not I will convert to single connector.

Concerning the smart wire, I now use the stock radio with every car I have. That means I got a lot off them which is not so practical. We will probably upgrade to a single radio set up (one for me, one for my daughter) and bind all cars to that. Because we have so much Spektrum stuff it will be a Spektrum radio. It would be nice to use full functionality when that time has come, so preferably I want to keep the smart functions working.

Welcome to the forums!! You made a great choice to go with the 6s rig over the 4s. I would get some spare shock rod ends and shock standoffs along with some A arms and hinge pins.

You're fine to run without that top part on the battery tray. As far as the smart wire, I'm not sure. Most people would tell you to just cut the wire off and be done with it but if you actually want to use the spektrum smart features you obviously can't do that.

Thanks, today I ordered some spare shock ends and standoffs. I already have the upper and lower arms (including hinge pins) in my spare parts box for these cars. Any other parts I should get ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back