Kraton Had anyone tried this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ39

Reaction score
hey guys.. i can't get any loctite but I have this metal lock by bison . Has anyone ever used it and is it as good as loctite?

Attachments

• 20200811_215057.jpg
    20200811_215057.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 65
Normally.. I let it sit overnight..

But.. A while ago, after some work.. That required pinion to come of.. I didnt re-loctite, cause i figured; so much residue still on that grub screw.. Mistake!
Pionion came loose half way through my first pack.. In field fix.. Used the normal amount.. Gave it like 10mins.. Then went back to bashing like before.. Emptied the half pack left.. And another new pack without the pinion coming loose again..

Normally.. I let it sit overnight..

But.. A while ago, after some work.. That required pinion to come of.. I didnt re-loctite, cause i figured; so much residue still on that grub screw.. Mistake!
Pionion came loose half way through my first pack.. In field fix.. Used the normal amount.. Gave it like 10mins.. Then went back to bashing like before.. Emptied the half pack left.. And another new pack without the pinion coming loose again..
Yes the screw needs to be very clean before applying. I'm gonna give it about 6 hours and see. Thanks mate ?.

Most thread lock requires 24 hours to fully cure. It’s up to you if you can wait that long.

Most thread lock requires 24 hours to fully cure. It’s up to you if you can wait that long.

I always had the same idea..

Untill i recently met a guy while bashing.. We came to talk about loctite, cause another basher wasnt there, due to loctite needed to cure..
So, this guy im doin the loctite talk with, he works at a car manufacturing plant, VW to be precise..
He told me; "engines are put together, and in the final stages, lots of loctite is bein used.. When done, they go directly towards the dyno, loctite gets a max of 60mins to cure, before the engine is put on the dyno and fully tested"

Better safe then sorry though

I always had the same idea..

Untill i recently met a guy while bashing.. We came to talk about loctite, cause another basher wasnt there, due to loctite needed to cure..
So, this guy im doin the loctite talk with, he works at a car manufacturing plant, VW to be precise..
He told me; "engines are put together, and in the final stages, lots of loctite is bein used.. When done, they go directly towards the dyno, loctite gets a max of 60mins to cure, before the engine is put on the dyno and fully tested"

Better safe then sorry though
Dang I’ve been wasting bashing time if that’s true. I’ve always trusted the bottle directions.

I found applying heat to the part helps speed the curing time. I will use a small heat gun and heat the part to around 200 - 250 deg F , then let it cool.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back