Kraton Handling is weird after having put stronger servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
So after i have but a stronger servo saver i have been flipping my truck a lot i get understeer and sometimes when for exmaple i turn on grass the car does a 180 on itself like a tank so i have been looking at the oil chart for diffrentials. I have been running 25k front 10k rear knowing the heavier the fluid in the rear more it will want to kick that big fat butt sideways thats what i kinda want to do not too much but when i want it to to combat understeer on dirt. For the front this is where i am a bit in the dark should i do 50k front 20k rea4 30k front 30k rear i cant decide on the ratio

On my granite/outcast I am running 30k front and 15k rear. Works well for me even on the 4074 blx motor with a 22t pinion. I do have sway bars modded though and I am running about as wide as it can get plus I am on 3.8 tires. So who knows :unsure:

On my granite/outcast I am running 30k front and 15k rear. Works well for me even on the 4074 blx motor with a 22t pinion. I do have sway bars modded though and I am running about as wide as it can get plus I am on 3.8 tires. So who knows :unsure:
I also was running 15t pinion but my slipper pads turned black and there was like 4mm thick black dust behind my pinion dust of the pads. I have put on my old slipper pads who are really healty vs the one i pulled out went back to 13T
Kinda feels like im running a race rurned car i can turn really well on the pavement track st the location i go take corners easy but on grass or dirt kinda feels like crap

One thing I know from racing is that tires really do make a difference. I remember I used to use holeshots alot on my certain track. Those same tires were garbage anywhere else. The arrma exabytes are a perfect example too. I put the exabytes on my granite and it slid so much on asphalt but it gripped in loose dirt and was sluggish at best on grass. I'm hoping you have badlands because that really is a great all-around tire.

One thing I know from racing is that tires really do make a difference. I remember I used to use holeshots alot on my certain track. Those same tires were garbage anywhere else. The arrma exabytes are a perfect example too. I put the exabytes on my granite and it slid so much on asphalt but it gripped in loose dirt and was sluggish at best on grass. I'm hoping you have badlands because that really is a great all-around tire.
I use the backflip lps
I tought they were doing really well on the asphalt track lol

I haven't tried the backflip lps and truth be told my lhs has a full set sitting in the back...until I decide to buy them :LOL: But the badlands I have found are really awesome all around. Between the 2.8 and the 3.8 badlands I don't think I have a need to try other tires yet.

Well today is really a bad day opened my front diff had a tiny bit of wear teeths went all dry like ussual when the sun gear wears down a bit. I was expecting my rear diff to be really nice like new because it was making a really nice happy diff sound after opening it up.... well the diff is about to fail
I haven't tried the backflip lps and truth be told my lhs has a full set sitting in the back...until I decide to buy them :LOL: But the badlands I have found are really awesome all around. Between the 2.8 and the 3.8 badlands I don't think I have a need to try other tires yet.
For me it was the cost differance between the two

Last edited:
shoot some video, too many variables to know what the cause is

shoot some video, too many variables to know what the cause is
I cant for a while rear diff is worn down im going to buy 2 new ones put the mesh tight like how the manual says alluminum yokes in the rear and they still menage to sand down eachother the front diff is okay
If it dies on me again well i quess i will need to live with it and feel like im owning a e revo 1.0 who chews diffs or just get out of the hobby and sell it its driving me nuts i had a blast this month i never flet the diffs were dying wanted to change the oil diff sounded happy when speening it freely but after opening it up plastic sugar everywhere

Well, I did say about 20 problems ago that you should buy a Maxx. Steel diffs. I sold my Kraton earlier this year.

Maxx has his issues i bet if i sell and go to another rc something else is going to be a problem
I like truggies i god hate when i flip over by myseft
anything who has a lower center of gravity i would buy

I found out why i think i had a lot of positive camper in the rear im still a noob who can see if the rear wheels have camber or not because they are not streight but at angle toward the chassi

Positive camber the top of the wheel leans away from the chassis.

Negative camber the top of the wheel leans into the chassis.

No reason to ever run positive.

Off-road bashing is forgiving on the aspects of toe, camber and caster. Off-road racing will expose the flaws. On-road anything is mandatory to tune. I ordered a setup station for my infraction build and another on-road vehicle that I have been voluntold to fix.

Off-road bashing is forgiving on the aspects of toe, camber and caster. Off-road racing will expose the flaws. On-road anything is mandatory to tune. I ordered a setup station for my infraction build and another on-road vehicle that I have been voluntold to fix.
My kraton always went right or left backwards now i have fixed all the cambers exept one who i though was correct but once i noticed the rear right had positive camber after fixing and arrow going streight and backwards i literelly go fast inside my tiny garage going backwards and foward. I need to test it now went to 35ish oil in the front but feels more like 25k heh i never menage to remove all of the old oil maybe that is the reason but it feels smooth rear is 15k arround that

My servo has too much play cant go streight i always have to trim it lol might be the reason of the handling but i got used to itnow

Seems I have been posting this a bunch recently... :)

For your steering not centering, this is common with the 4x4's, here is what I did -

First - Bearings - the bell crank rides on plastic bushings that wear quickly and create lots of slop. Replace these with bearings will help tremendously. Most bearing kits will include these bearings.

2 - Check each pivot ball for smooth action. I had several that were sticking. Tweak them buy giving them a squeeze with pliers till they move free. Check every pivot ball, get them all moving free.

3 - My servo save was dragging on my chassis. I added a washer under the servo to raise the servo (and SS) up a bit, so it will no longer drag.

After these three things were done, my Granite steering is rock solid. The only slop is minor, and 90% of it is in the servo saver (can't be avoided with this style of SS). Steering centers great, and is very predictable now. Best of all, I didn't really need to buy anything, as the bearings came in the bearing kit I already had for the truck.

Jerry

Seems I have been posting this a bunch recently... :)

For your steering not centering, this is common with the 4x4's, here is what I did -

First - Bearings - the bell crank rides on plastic bushings that wear quickly and create lots of slop. Replace these with bearings will help tremendously. Most bearing kits will include these bearings.

2 - Check each pivot ball for smooth action. I had several that were sticking. Tweak them buy giving them a squeeze with pliers till they move free. Check every pivot ball, get them all moving free.

3 - My servo save was dragging on my chassis. I added a washer under the servo to raise the servo (and SS) up a bit, so it will no longer drag.

After these three things were done, my Granite steering is rock solid. The only slop is minor, and 90% of it is in the servo saver (can't be avoided with this style of SS). Steering centers great, and is very predictable now. Best of all, I didn't really need to buy anything, as the bearings came in the bearing kit I already had for the truck.

Jerry
Everything is alright the servo i have has too much play before holding even put shims on the steering to kill the slop someone suggested that and i had 2 half seized bearings on my steering im doing a big rebuild next week new bearings ect

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back