Kraton Hands Down - Best Tires For The Kraton

Hands Down - What's The Best Tires For The Kraton?

• Trencher

• Trencher X

• Badlands

• Badlands MX

• Shockwaves

• Mashers

• Backflips

• Something Else?

• I don't know

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j1980mac

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Been looking to replace the stock tires on my V2 Kraton, and I'm overwhelmed. Looks like Proline is king, but are they?

Any other recommendations?

Cast your vote.... now!

Thanks

Ive been curious about rockrage tyres...
But i have some backflips coming in the post as they seem pretty damn awesome !

The backflips look really good, but thought they'd be a bit too skinny. How do they compare to the Original Trenchers?

Can anyone tell me the difference from their own experiences?

Thanks again.

Alright, backflips on the way! Thanks All! :)
I just ordered 3rd set for son's Outcast build. They don't balloon nearly as bad as premounted/untaped Trenchers and are probably a decent amount lighter. Width is perfect. They don't turn like huge slobs, less strain on electronics, faster turning, faster bashing. Good choice!!! Doubt you'll be disappointed. Remember to plan on filing wheel holes, but who knows, maybe you'll get lucky with easy fitment. Applaud your patience in making a tire choice.

I just ordered 3rd set for son's Outcast build. They don't balloon nearly as bad as premounted/untaped Trenchers and are probably a decent amount lighter. Width is perfect. They don't turn like huge slobs, less strain on electronics, faster turning, faster bashing. Good choice!!! Doubt you'll be disappointed. Remember to plan on filing wheel holes, but who knows, maybe you'll get lucky with easy fitment. Applaud your patience in making a tire choice.

Well, I don't know if I'm patient, but thanks @Rich Duperbash :p

Just not very satisfied with the stock Kraton tires, and I'm not a fan of Proline's prices=durability. Seems like these tires shouldn't be ripping up like they are.

A niche tire company could really take the industry by storm if they started creating non-ballooning, belted tires that actually lasted.

By the way, great explanation of your reasoning for choosing the Backflips!

Just not very satisfied with the stock Kraton tires, and I'm not a fan of Proline's prices=durability. Seems like these tires shouldn't be ripping up like they are.

A niche tire company could really take the industry by storm if they started creating non-ballooning, belted tires that actually lasted.

Look up src wheels.

Yes, I'm aware of them, don't really like them, the tires are not cushy enough for bashing in my opinion.
You are correct about the SRC trenches. Not enough cushion, very poor traction and heavy. Good tires for street, very poor for bashing. I bought a set, tried them for a few weeks. Couldn't stand them so I put them on my Revo and sold it. Got rid of two turds at the same time.

Thanks man, appreciate it. Proline makes good tires, but they are overpriced and the compound wears quickly and balloons too much unless taped. Someone really should make a belted knobby tires that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. The Backflips are a huge upgrade from stock Kraton tires. This reply was from yesterday, just noticed it didn't load...Lol.

You are correct about the SRC trenches. Not enough cushion, very poor traction and heavy. Good tires for street, very poor for bashing. I bought a set, tried them for a few weeks. Couldn't stand them so I put them on my Revo and sold it. Got rid of two turds at the same time.

That made me laugh out loud in real-time!

If you're into all that wheelie stuff then the Backfiips or Badlands MX38 would suffice. If you're into driving fast with great handling and less ballooning you can't beat the Shockwaves. I personally have Mashers which have more grip than the Trencher X's but they balloon a little more than I had hoped (i don't tape my tires). Wish I had Shockwaves though

If you're into all that wheelie stuff then the Backfiips or Badlands MX38 would suffice. If you're into driving fast with great handling and less ballooning you can't beat the Shockwaves. I personally have Mashers which have more grip than the Trencher X's but they balloon a little more than I had hoped (i don't tape my tires). Wish I had Shockwaves though
So, your saying shockwaves are better than backflips and you don't own the shockwaves? And you say backflips balloons to much? Do you own any backflips? I happen to own both. Shockwaves are pretty good, but not for long. They blow apart on trucks capable of speeds over 50 mph. Backflips on the other hand, hardly balloon, traction and overall performance is incredible. I have them on 3 trucks that run 70mph plus. Not one failure. This review is from tires I have owned. To be honest, Redcat Avalanche tires out perform and outlast the shockwaves.

So, your saying shockwaves are better than backflips and you don't own the shockwaves? And you say backflips balloons to much? Do you own any backflips? I happen to own both. Shockwaves are pretty good, but not for long. They blow apart on trucks capable of speeds over 50 mph. Backflips on the other hand, hardly balloon, traction and overall performance is incredible. I have them on 3 trucks that run 70mph plus. Not one failure. This review is from tires I have owned. To be honest, Redcat Avalanche tires out perform and outlast the shockwaves.

Oh no you misunderstood. The Mashers balloon too much but their grip is incredible. I have Mashers and Trencher X's and I much prefer the Mashers. I have a friend who has backflips and another friend who had MX38's and Shockwaves but he has an E-Revo.

Back