Happy girl...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pl9171

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
It's been a while...
We swapped last summer the Senton Mega to a Truggy/Granite with LWB chassis... My daughter did a big part of the job;

IMG_2171.JPG

Special thanks to jondilly74 and Arrma forum guys for all the tips. Nothing's better than a happy girl...
We ran all summer long at the track, and yes my dear friend, the brushed motor is still going on...

IMG_2504 (2).JPG

note: I swapped the Sentons 6s to the Typhon 6s... Best decision ever made... Now I can ride with the TLR's and TA guys... Much better handling/control.
Happy holidays to Arrma crew...

Attachments

• IMG_2166.JPG
    IMG_2166.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2167.JPG
    IMG_2167.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_2169.JPG
    IMG_2169.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 44
Probably... :)
But, she already wants a new body evolution of her Mega Truggy/Granite for the next summer... I don't know what I will do... (???) Any suggestion? :)

Buy her a clear body, let her paint it. I did that, and now I have a MT with a pink body, covered in rainbow/unicorn stickers... :ROFLMAO::love:
20171008_092714.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide between a Granite 4x4 mega or a crawler, and replace with custom painted candy purple body for my daughter. The Granite even brushed is probably too fast for a 3.5yr old, but I can put my Traxxas link radio system in it to set "training mode" to any % power max. Crawlers are so darn expensive for slow trucks!

I'm trying to decide between a Granite 4x4 mega or a crawler, and replace with custom painted candy purple body for my daughter. The Granite even brushed is probably too fast for a 3.5yr old, but I can put my Traxxas link radio system in it to set "training mode" to any % power max. Crawlers are so darn expensive for slow trucks!
Why not buy the BLX? If you can adjust the throttle, get the more durable, more capable 3S rig. You will regret buying the Mega later.

Meh, it'll be years before she is able to control the mega at full speed. Probably the only reason to choose the Granite over a TRX4 sport right now is price. Granite will end up about $130 cheaper as new. There is a slightly used one available in my area, so I can used the added savings to buy a new clear body and the radio with limiting.

Buy her a clear body, let her paint it. I did that, and now I have a MT with a pink body, covered in rainbow/unicorn stickers... :ROFLMAO::love:

Yep, a clear body is a pretty good point... Nice pink body by the way.
Right now, she's helping me to paint my typhon clear body...

She has chosen yellow, white and red... (red to come...) Curious to see the final result... :oops:

Attachments

• IMG_2701.JPG
    IMG_2701.JPG
    237 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Yep, a clear body is a pretty good point... Nice pink body by the way.
Right now, she's helping me to paint my typhon clear body...

View attachment 59471

She has chosen yellow, white and red... (red to come...) Curious to see the final result... :oops:
This is the way

Just saw a used TRX-4 sport complete, the red truck, come up for sale @ $250, probably grab that and try to beat em down some more.

About time for a brushless system swap soon sounds like???

Too fast for her (I mean the 3200 kv).
Even on this SCTE track, the brushed motor is a bit fast (red/black body Senton, last year pick);

We went again last week and she struggles a bit...
note: there's been Canadian championship on this track (T.-R.) last fall (SCTE, buggy 1/10,...). Wonderful track.

Attachments

• IMG_1712 (2).JPG
    IMG_1712 (2).JPG
    250.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back