Happy Saturday!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
The last week was rough after my wife’s round 4 chemo (halfway there!). She finally felt better yesterday so we were able to get the cars out… All 5 of them! We hit our favorite neighborhood construction site and had a blast. Nothing broke either. Our driving skills have improved so much and I’ve got the cars set up solid.

She loves her new big rock and I must say I do too. The longer wheelbase seems more stable and less twitchy than the short one I’m used to (I sense a typhoon in our near future). The stock Granite tires and 6s shocks I put on are perfect. I launched it once off a big gravel mound and pulled a nice backflip. I am finally getting that trick down! Roughly 6’ up and 10’ out is by no means ‘sending it’…but I am getting there and landing rubberside down more often then not 🙃
She woke up smiling today so we’re heading out again, hitting our first skate park I think.

You know what? We really appreciate this forum. We’ve learned so much and I’ve (virtually) met some very cool people. This is also good for me. More often then not lately I feel helpless, down, frustrated and stressed. This distraction… this hobby helps pull me out of that gutter so I can be what she needs me to be. There for her, smiling and positive.
Y’all have a beautiful weekend! ✌️

Glad you found something to bring a smile to both your faces during a challenging time in your lives.

I'm sending my wishes for a full recovery for your wife, and strength for you and your family during this difficult time in your lives.

Forums like this one have taught me a lot: starting in March of 2020, I've spent a lot of time repairing and upgrading RC vehicles using information obtained from forums for the various types and manufacturers of RC vehicles. Forums have definitely been helpful to me in many ways, from explaining how to do repairs and upgrades, to how NOT to spend money on worthless upgrades. I enjoy giving back to the various RC communities as well, whether it be by sharing my knowledge and experience, or by sending parts I no longer need to someone who needs them.

Great to hear she's feeling better bud. Sending good vibes your way. My mum was going through chemo recently and had a v tough time so I feel for you.
Aw man sorry to hear that! We wish her well and hope all was successful.
Thanks man!
Thanks y’all, very much appreciated! We had a blast at the little skate park in Bourne, TX (pronounced Bernie lol). I pulled off my first double backflip with the granite 🙃 and landed it! Then I pulled out the vorteks and flipped it until the rear shocks collapsed 😂 no worries, I have more.

Meanwhile, my wife did her favorite thing which was puttering around the big rock and laughing at my numerous stacks and tumbles. She filmed some also which I need to pull from her phone. Looks like I’ll be pulling the Granite and vorteks apart tomorrow to check the motor mounts etc for sure. I was hard on them today.

Last edited:
Wow, you guys are going through alot. Wish ya'll the best. If the ole lady can wake up with a smile, that's a great thing. Stay positive bro, glad ya'll had a good outing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back