Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
I picked up this HF ultrasonic cleaner to clean stuff around the house. Started with some diff parts since I am replacing a stripped gear rear diff sun gear. I learned this trick to put your solution and parts in glass containers and use water in the bath so its easy to swap solutions, and you can clean different things with different solutions at the same time. I did a simple green concentrated solution for the diff gears and things, just to get the residual diff oil off, and then I used acetone for the bearings. Only takes about 5 mins in the cleaner for the bearings and other parts to come out clean.

Simple Green solution with internal diff parts
IMG_20210523_151936.jpg

came out nice and clean, hit it with some WD40 since the Simple Green solution is water based

IMG_20210523_171039.jpg

Nasty bearings

IMG_20210523_154658.jpg

Acetone with bearings, this was clear to start with

IMG_20210523_163355.jpg

Nice and shiny, greasing back up

IMG_20210523_164756.jpg

All in all, I am happy with how well it worked with little effort on my part, at least as far as the cleaning portion goes. Some say you can put the bearings in an ultra sonic cleaner without removing the covers, maybe ill try it next time.

https://www.harborfreight.com/25-liter-ultrasonic-cleaner-63256.html

I have one of these some one gave me. I have yet to use it because I thought there was some sort of special cleaner to buy. Now I know better. Really like the water bath idea, keeps the mess in the jar. Thanks for the tips.

I’ve had one fir a couple years. Every one should have one. How it cleans is magic. Lol. I clean everything just like you. But I use solvent in the jars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back