Hard or soft case lipo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

opeth

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Recently bought my first Arrma (kraton 6s v5) and in fact my first new Rc in a couple decades. I was big team losi kid in the 90s when I was really big into Rc. Getting back into Rc now in the world of brushless and lipo is amazing. My question is this.

My local hobby shop had the spektrum s2100 smart charger and 2x3s hard case lipos (spektrum 5000 mah 50c) combo box set. Wanting to have another battery to run I bought a single 6s spektrum smart battery. It wasn’t till I got home and opened it where I saw it was a soft lipo.
I have seen many opinions on both sides of the fence but I wanted to ask if I’m fine with the soft lipo or if I should see if they have a hard case lipo?

It’s all personal preference. I have both and if a specs of the lipo would be exactly the same and no to small price difference I would go for hard case purely aesthetics wise. Hard case are better protected against damage, but with a soft lipo you can see when it’s going bad (starting to puff).

It’s all personal preference. I have both and if a specs of the lipo would be exactly the same and no to small price difference I would go for hard case purely aesthetics wise. Hard case are better protected against damage, but with a soft lipo you can see when it’s going bad (starting to puff).

Thanks! Just called the store when they opened and they only have a couple hard packs at that. No 6s or 3s hards.

I guess in my quest to be “safe” I’m over thinking it. I guess if I’m doing a hard enough hit that’s causing the battery to go up I have major damage as is to my truck.

Back