Harder compound tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ifgoneleaveamessage

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
Looking for a 2.2 3.0 short course truck tire that can handle 3s power. Before you suggest pro lines or durtrax they're like $150 Canadian shipped to my door. I can't run a tire that expensive without remortgaging the house. I see some tires come without rims, my rims are good and I can glue a few tires that doesn't bother me much but finding a harder compound that won't get chewed up too much on rough pavement. I know it may be wishful thinking but if I can't find something under $100 Canadian that will handle 3s speed i could be sleeping on the couch when da wife gets winds of it. Power hobby come in at $120 bucks a set but I can't find them without the rims. So, is there a tire for me or should I start melting my old tires lol
In my searching I found proline street fighter tires just under my budget. Would they work for an occasional off road romp or would they be useless on anything other than pavement. My kid likes driving it around in the grass where as I'll be mostly on pavement.
I have so many questions. This forum gives me something to read all day.

Last edited:
Looking for a 2.2 3.0 short course truck tire that can handle 3s power. Before you suggest pro lines or durtrax they're like $150 Canadian shipped to my door. I can't run a tire that expensive without remortgaging the house. I see some tires come without rims, my rims are good and I can glue a few tires that doesn't bother me much but finding a harder compound that won't get chewed up too much on rough pavement. I know it may be wishful thinking but if I can't find something under $100 Canadian that will handle 3s speed i could be sleeping on the couch when da wife gets winds of it. Power hobby come in at $120 bucks a set but I can't find them without the rims. So, is there a tire for me or should I start melting my old tires lol
In my searching I found proline street fighter tires just under my budget. Would they work for an occasional off road romp or would they be useless on anything other than pavement. My kid likes driving it around in the grass where as I'll be mostly on pavement.
I have so many questions. This forum gives me something to read all day.
The Street fighters would slip on grass and probably dirt, so they are mainly for the street, maybe the Badlands would work if you can find them for a good price. The trenchers are great too.

Are you opposed to mounted tires? What size hex?

Are you opposed to mounted tires? What size hex?
14mm but a switch to 12 would be cheap
The Street fighters would slip on grass and probably dirt, so they are mainly for the street, maybe the Badlands would work if you can find them for a good price. The trenchers are great too.
I'm worried the badlands or trenches may wear quickly, are they soft?

14mm but a switch to 12 would be cheap

I'm worried the badlands or trenches may wear quickly, are they soft?
From what I have heard, the Trenchers hold up well on both pavement and dirt, but you might need to gear down a little with them on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back