Infraction Has any one tired the Aluminum front Splitter/Bumper?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I am always breaking my front plastic stock ARRMA splitter a lot!! I was wondering if anyone on the Forum has tried this Aluminum Front Splitter/Bumper
instead of the stock plastic one that comes with the v2 infraction? Love to hear your thoughts and concerns #ARRMAFAMILY!!

1609937093778.png

1609937105797.png

Hey I am in the same boat, I am really looking at the aluminum splitter but I keep going back and forth on if the design is plastic, maybe that is for a reason as the aluminum would not give like the plastic and something else more vital could break. It is attached to the plastic bumper so I would I imagine it would rip out of the holes if you hit it hard enough.. The dilemma!

I threw one on my Infraction but I'm waffling back and forth on whether the splitter is the wear item which keeps other parts from getting damaged.

I sure as heck wouldn't want to be hit by an Infraction going at speed with an aluminum splitter either....

I use them on all of my cars. I have only had one accident minor maybe 30 mph. Bent it slightly no other damage. Took it off a dozen hits with a mallet and a over the knee bend and back on.

A couple packs into using mine. Needed a little tlc to install, plastic on the Infraction had to be trimmed a little but nothing major. Drilled the holes to fit M4 screws and avoid the constant pulling loose, same as I did for plastic.
Its a safety hazrd and you don't want to stand in its way, it will slice anything soft at speed. I added door guard style rubber to it and that avoided major damage. Had 1 hit on a curb at 10-15mph and cut right through that metal reinforced guard but held up otherwise.
Debating if I ever go back to alu if it breaks. Probably not, aluminum for the front, while bashing, is not a good idea imho.

I am always breaking my front plastic stock ARRMA splitter a lot!! I was wondering if anyone on the Forum has tried this Aluminum Front Splitter/Bumper
instead of the stock plastic one that comes with the v2 infraction? Love to hear your thoughts and concerns #ARRMAFAMILY!!

View attachment 118157
View attachment 118158
I touched The 156 km/h and then all went wrong. It tumbled in the grass near the rod over and over. The plate was bent but it could be bent back to normal. The screw holes were a bit stretched so replaced them with I size bigger. I was surprised that so little damage was done. I think damage would have been bigger with the plastic original.
Maybe arrma likes us to “bash” so we order new parts. I try to increase the speed little be little when drifting. That works for me. Enjoy your ride :)

I have got the aluminum one from RC SPEEDMONSTERS… looks awesome, fit well…I did clip a cement tree(light pole) at about 40mph,and tweaked right side corner a little, then as said above I just reflattened with a mallet 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Funny this thread should pop back up. This past Sunday I hit a parking pole , just caught the corner going 40ish . Bent the heck out of the bumper so back the front wheels were off the ground. Took it off and continued bashing. It was severely bent tossed it and put on a spare. I bought extras when 13 bucks. No other damage to the infraction. Imo had this been plastic it would of had more damage.

I've removed my Alu version from the front, just generally too dangerous if you get in the way.
Found it to be bending a lot (hitting curb) and ultimately transferring more damage to the attached item. Also hard to fix in the field, I usually do not carry a hammer around. I ran about 1 season with the alu version i.e. it's durable but at times was sharp as a knife due to scraping on asphalt and had to dull it down.
Good for optics but no good for general bashing imho. I went back to plastic.
The only alu parts left are the skid plates, carbon will not hold up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back