Outcast Has anyone else ever blown out a pillow ball retainer plug?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swarmjag

Reaction score
Serious question here. I bought 2 Outcast 8s from my local hobby shop this past weekend for me and my son. 1 was a closed box. the other was the floor model. The floor model looked pristine as if the tires had never touched anything but the floor or countertop. So after a couple of runs with nothing more than a few jumps at the local pile of dirt by the baseball fields we noticed a wobble in my son's front right wheel. Turns out there was no ball cup retainer plug on the bottom ball cup. It doesn't look like any threads are stripped or ripped.. just clean looking. This begs the question in my mind.. was there ever a ball cup retainer plug at all? Like did it come from the factory that way? or did the hobby store possibly snag a part of it. I'm curious if any of you Outcast owners have ever blown 1 out? To me, it seems pretty unlikely. I ordered the M2C ball cup retainers and tool but now the part the ball cup rides in is all chewed up from bouncing around in there with no retainer. Kinda irritating.

I’m running the M2C kit, I was warned about the retainers backing out so I fixed it before it became a problem. I’ve been beating on mine pretty good here lately and they haven’t budged.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back