Has Anyone Ever Tried Exceed RC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SupraNik1910

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I was looking at some other brands of RC besides Arrma and came across a brand Exceed RC. I found a few reviews but wanted to see if i could get some feedback from someone who might actually own/owned one.

They got some inexpensive rigs and i want to get my girlfriend into the hobby.

Any help would be awesome guys.

Peace

Most of their stuff is HSP or Himoto rebrands and their quality is rather lackluster, the only thing that I even bother looking at is the Tacon lineup but not the brushed models.

Yea the reviews don't seem too promising. People say they are cheap plastic. And from your guys replies Im going with my better judgement and probably wont get one.
My girl was doing her own research and found the Traxxas Stampede pink edition but its super pricey just for the 2wd.. so idk what to do, she just wants something pink. i saw someone on another post here use krylon spray paint for a granite body but not too sure what direction to go.

Anyone have any suggestions for a starter truck? My honeat preference would be to stick with Arrma, thats what the guys at the hobby shop suggested to me and it turns out the community and quality really impressed me.

Not much rtr available in pink, and most rtrs come with pre-painted bodies so you would probably want a clear body and just paint it pink with lexan paint.

For a starter truck if your lhs has them either a brushed 2wd Ecx Torment or Ruckus. Stock they are stupid slow like 18-20 mph and the only way to get more speed is to upgrade to brushless. But they are only like $150 bucks or so. Rpm and Hot Racing make upgrades and a lot of Traxxas, Team Associated and HPI parts fit. Some are a direct fit others require some other parts or slight modification.

Im checking out the ECX Ruckus now, its also Horizon Hobby like the Arrma.

Quick question. Are the clear bodies model specific? Or are they all custom fit where id have to make my own holes to fit on the chassis?

Im checking out the ECX Ruckus now, its also Horizon Hobby like the Arrma.

Quick question. Are the clear bodies model specific? Or are they all custom fit where id have to make my own holes to fit on the chassis?
The aftermarket bodies are custom fit most of the time you have to cut and trim them to fit your model. Stock clear bodies are usually pre cut and have holes in them for the stock body mounts already.

Lots of pink body’s on amazon, pending your choice of rc. Just do a quick search for rc body’s. Painting one would also be fun. Have her do the design and personalize it for her. Might just give you a free pass on a new RC for yourself!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back