Has anyone found any good wheels & tires to replace the Raider BLX rear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mudman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
I would like to get a bit more traction in the grass. Wider tires would give a better contact patch. And taller tires would help with clearance. Biggest problem is finding the right wheels with enough inside diameter to clear the suspension linkage. Anyone tried anything that works?

I'm using badlands that are mounted on some old traxxas rustler rims (front I think). They have worked great.

I have stock Vorteks wheels and tires. Close fit inside but it clears. I Like the wider stance too.

I also just got some 12mm to 17mm adaptors and a cheap set of 1/8 buggy tires. A little taller and traction is good but the wheels seem warped (really cheap set) so I ordered some factory typhon wheels and tires to see if that's the problem.

I have stock Vorteks wheels and tires. Close fit inside but it clears. I Like the wider stance too.

I also just got some 12mm to 17mm adaptors and a cheap set of 1/8 buggy tires. A little taller and traction is good but the wheels seem warped (really cheap set) so I ordered some factory typhon wheels and tires to see if that's the problem.
Do your Vorteks wheels/tires slow the Raider down much?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back