Has anyone got there esc wet and still work after drying it out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry Don, but mine never came back to life, the day it went swimming. ?

Just warranty it if possible. These electronics are water "resistant," not "waterproof." ;)
Even if it works after drying I wouldn't trust it. Last thing you want is for it to burn out on you during a run and take your other electronics with it.

Could always try the "dry rice" bag trick to see if that helps draw out any remaining moisture. Hopefully it isn't completely dead.
It was still working after i pulled it out, my bat died and when i put my next battery pack in it wouldn't respond, its in rice now...

How bad did you soak it? Just so I know what I can get away with. I've been thinking about doing some mud running but not sure how much I can dig in.

How bad did you soak it? Just so I know what I can get away with. I've been thinking about doing some mud running but not sure how much I can dig in.
Ive fully submerged it like 4 times but shut it off right away. This time i kept going and it worked fine right until i changed battery and then nothing

This was a tad different thou... It kept going for atleast 10 mins, then i needed to change batteries, so i did. But before taking it out again i desided to set the throttle and break, its a new esc, horizon hobby sent me a new one and i never did set the thing, 5hats when it wouldnt beep. I brought it in the house and put it on the heater for a bit, manually moved the motor and finally got it too beep but now all it dose is studder and then shut down again. Im preying that its got some moisture in there and confusing it

Just keep the stock motor and get an Arrma BLX185 and call it a day. It might be a bit overkill for an esc but you will never have to worry about it frying on you running it on 3s in a 1/10 vehicle unless you gear it to the moon.

Just keep the stock motor and get an Arrma BLX185 and call it a day. It might be a bit overkill for an esc but you will never have to worry about it frying on you running it on 3s in a 1/10 vehicle unless you gear it to the moon.
I can do that? Eventually i want to put 3670 4s in it anyhow... Will it not over pwr the motor with too many amps

I can do that? Eventually i want to put 3670 4s in it anyhow... Will it not over pwr the motor with too many amps
The motor will only pull as many amps as it needs. You can never have an esc or battery with too many amps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back