Kraton Has anyone had problems with the pinion gear not staying tight on the kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chop3398

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just replace my motor on the kraton because I believe that the Motor shaft was ruined and wouldn't hold my pinion gear well I replace the motor and pinion gear and the problem is not resolved pinion gear is still slipping off shaft can anyone help me solve this problem

I just replace my motor on the kraton because I believe that the Motor shaft was ruined and wouldn't hold my pinion gear well I replace the motor and pinion gear and the problem is not resolved pinion gear is still slipping off shaft can anyone help me solve this problem
Are you using locktite?Put a drop on the pinion and a little on the motor shaft.Use heat to remove.

Are you using locktite?Put a drop on the pinion and a little on the motor shaft.Use heat to remove.
I just got a good look at the pinion gear and the set screw look like it melted inside the gear hole does that come from gear mesh being too tight

I just got a good look at the pinion gear and the set screw look like it melted inside the gear hole does that come from gear mesh being too tight
Can you post a picture? If you didn't use locktite,the set screw will back off during use and round off the end of the setscrew.You probably need a new pinion/ setscrew.

Get a new 4mm set screw most hardware stores have them and use blue locktight

Make sure when screwing the set screw you are doing it on the flat part of the motor shaft , also use a dab of blue loctite on the set screw before tightening it down and yo I should have no problems again .

Use new Loctite and use red as long as you have a soldering station to remove it later. Loctite goes bad after a while and it stops working. You have to get a new tube every so often. Keep it in a plastic sandwich bag so it stays fresh longer.

The Kraton comes with red Loctite on the pinion screw and between the gear and shaft. You have to heat it up real hot to remove it. Even use a pinion puller if needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back