Has anyone here tried these out?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s

Attachments

• pht1131.jpg
    pht1131.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 77
  • shopping.jpeg
    shopping.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 46
I have them don't waste your money. Ran them twice and now just sitting on the shelf. No traction anywhere.
Makes for a good drifting tire

I don't like belted options. Xmaxx runs a decent set of belted but honestly belted tires have very little traction in any off road condition. The softness of a not belted tires will give you much better traction.. on pavement it is a very hard compound so it doesn't grip there either. What is the reason you are looking for a belted tire?
I would honestly tape your tire. It is the best of both worlds.

I don't like belted options. Xmaxx runs a decent set of belted but honestly belted tires have very little traction in any off road condition. The softness of a not belted tires will give you much better traction.. on pavement it is a very hard compound so it doesn't grip there either. What is the reason you are looking for a belted tire?
I would honestly tape your tire. It is the best of both worlds.
I mostly want a set of tires to run on asphalt. The stock tires are getting eaten up pretty quickly running in the street. I still have some 40 series bowties from older rigs if I really want some bite in the dirt.

Funny you mention the Xmaxx. I saw Jay Tee ripping around with his on these tires. He ran them on the Kraton and Talion as well. They looked good for the level of bashing he tends to do. I haven't mounted a tire since... Yeah.

I have them don't waste your money. Ran them twice and now just sitting on the shelf. No traction anywhere.
Makes for a good drifting tire
Yeah , just like my Sweep Terrain crushers not for dirt and big air. Very low profile not best for loose and air . But I only got them for the street and grass anyway. Got my 4 belted Sweeps for $100. Cheapest name brand belted that I've seen around. Not convinced with PL's at all. The Sweeps do hook up like Velcro on pavement.(y):cool:

I would t mind trying a set, but there’s no way I’m buying them like I did the Belted Trenchers. Might as well light a hundo on fire.

Forgot to mention, my mate is running them on his Kraton which is a Max6/4092 setup with no issues.. so far ?

Just had a look at Sweeps site and they do two styles of wheels with two different offsets, possible one wheel is stronger than the other..!!
https://www.sweepracing.com/src-hobbies looks like the WHD version is the tougher one, nicer looking too..??

Those belted $Trenchers$ left a bad taste for many. I saw that. And they are heavy tires. The Terrian Crushers although low profile are light for belted IMO. But it appears there are no great belted tires for off road big air. Just the nature of the beast??:unsure: Belting and thicker rubber makes them heavy. Wheels break easier as a result?:unsure: An off road tire needs to have some decent profile to work in the rough and land from big air. Just have to watch speed/ballooning. at some point. That's how they fail.
Forgot to mention, my mate is running them on his Kraton which is a Max6/4092 setup with no issues.. so far ?

Just had a look at Sweeps site and they do two styles of wheels with two different offsets, possible one wheel is stronger than the other..!!
https://www.sweepracing.com/src-hobbies looks like the WHD version is the tougher one, nicer looking too..??
The better/stronger SR wheels have a honeycomb designed spoke that are called "Rok hard". A better plastic. The straight spoked version are known to crack easily at the spokes.
Edit:
I cant see any low-profile wheel/tire that is able to withstand much punishment with off-road big air. Much like scale LP wheels/tires.
Like I said earlier the SR Terr. Crushers have a grippy bite on pavement. I cant drift them at all with my 6S Kraton.
If you are good at power sliding in the rough they could work for you. I am not. I just use em on the grass and pavement. I had a cam mounted to my Kraton and observed zero ballooning running at 54MPH topped out. FWIW.

Last edited:
I would t mind trying a set, but there’s no way I’m buying them like I did the Belted Trenchers. Might as well light a hundo on fire.
Next time we meet up I will bring a set for you to try out

I think I see why folks didn't like them. The do slide a bit. Considering my copilot, a little slide kept it from traction rolling all day. I like them for the surface we drive on. A good set of Backflip LP's will be on the way next.

Attachments

• IMG_20200406_102148.jpg
    IMG_20200406_102148.jpg
    482.4 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_20200406_171158.jpg
    IMG_20200406_171158.jpg
    713 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20200406_175704.jpg
    IMG_20200406_175704.jpg
    444.4 KB · Views: 66
I think I see why folks didn't like them. The do slide a bit. Considering my copilot, a little slide kept it from traction rolling all day. I like them for the surface we drive on. A good set of Backflip LP's will be on the way next.
I like them you just gotta break them in that’s all…lol

A123CF4A-D871-4AEA-B9F3-E1C990B2E62C.jpeg

I broke them in, I still don't like them for the price. I drag race more than anything nowadays and their too heavy for the kind of power I put down. Sweeps are better for that. They're not bad tires they're just too heavy/hard. Forget my opinion, my diffs hate them.

The Sweeps Terrain crushers are poor for dirt and grass. I love them for all else. Just wish the wheels were stronger. I can get hairline cracks in them with divits and pot holes. I CA the small fractures. Holds up. And I drive them more delicatley on very smooth streets now. Never jump with them. And they will be fine. They will crack otherwise IMHO.
Sweeps TC's are a Great street tire. Never ballon at all, if you want to drag or speed run an off road rig on pavement.
Seems I never found any decent Belted tire great enough for dirt and grass running.
Sweeps USA distributor is very close by me. 2 miles away. I buy mine direct from him. He does not mind. He is not really open to the public. Mostly pickups from LHS's. And UPS pickups for online orders. The owner hosts/sponsors many Drag events in my area. I don't do drag however. He tries to get me into it. I stop by there once in a while. They build up/glue them right in the shop for online orders. Turns out he used to race at the same track I did 30+ years ago. Queens Off Roaders. It was a very large Clay Eastern regional sanctioned 1/10 track sponsored by Reedy, Tekin, TA and TLR back then. Track is long gone. Now it is Silver Cup Studios in Long Island City ,where they Film movies and TV shows.

Last edited:
The Sweeps Terrain crushers are poor for dirt and grass. I love them for all else. Just wish the wheels were stronger. I can get hairline cracks in them with divits and pot holes. I CA the small fractures. Holds up. And I drive them more delicatley on very smooth streets now. Never jump with them. And they will be fine. They will crack otherwise IMHO.
Sweeps TC's are a Great street tire. Never ballon at all, if you want to drag or speed run an off road rig on pavement.
Seems I never found any decent Belted tire great enough for dirt and grass running.
Sweeps USA distributor is very close by me. 2 miles away. I buy mine direct from him. He does not mind. He is not really open to the public. Mostly pickups from LHS's. And UPS pickups for online orders. The owner hosts/sponsors many Drag events in my area. I don't do drag however. He tries to get me into it. I stop by there once in a while. They build up/glue them right in the shop for online orders. Turns out he used to race at the same track I did 30+ years ago. Queens Off Roaders. It was a very large Clay Eastern regional sanctioned 1/10 track sponsored by Reedy, Tekin, TA and TLR back then. Track is long gone. Now it is Silver Cup Studios in Long Island City ,where they Film movies and TV shows.
Yeah bro I got some sweeps for my talion EXB and there are good tires on paved but not a lot on the off road..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back