Has anyone installed a 34 tooth pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ 34t pinion?????

Largest Arrma Optional gear listed is 32T(.8 mod) What ARRMA shows. "Says". (3s rigs)

That's why 34 wont fit in there. At least with the stock size spur gear
Where did you get your information from, a LHS or someone else.??????????

You plan on Speed running your 3s rig???? That's pretty tall gearing there. Hope your electrics can handle that. Even with a 32t, may get too hot.
Have you considered this?
aarma says a 34 tooth pinion will fit on typhon 3s.
I can’t get it to fit. Has anyone else tried?
https://www.arrma-rc.com/products/-/30/1/ARA4305V3T3/OPT/ALL/ALL

Last edited:
^^^ 34t pinion?????

Largest Arrma Optional gear listed is 32T(.8 mod) What ARRMA shows. "Says". (3s rigs)

That's why 34 wont fit in there. At least with the stock size spur gear
Where did you get your information from, a LHS or someone else.??????????

You plan on Speed running your 3s rig???? That's pretty tall gearing there. Hope your electrics can handle that. Even with a 32t, may get too hot.
Have you considered this?

https://www.arrma-rc.com/products/-/30/1/ARA4305V3T3/OPT/ALL/ALL
Sorry I meant 32 not 34

Yeah if 32 wont fit, 34 defintely wont.:)
What version 3S and model rig are you running??
Older variants did not have the slotted Motormount design. The mount was indexed to certain pinions by size.
Maybe that's your issue. IDK.:unsure:

Is your Motor mount adjustable by sliding the motor/pinion close to the larger Spur gear for meshing purposes?
Look at your motor mount closer.

Does it look like this one? This one is adjustable. It slides. The motor bolt holes are slotted so it can slide for the desired Pinion size.

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA311106

I believe largest pinion that will fit without modifying the motor mount and power module is a 28t or 29t. May even be the 26t is max and for the 28t or larger you'd have to Dremel out the motor mount slots to move the motor far enough away from the slipper and spur.

I believe largest pinion that will fit without modifying the motor mount and power module is a 28t or 29t. May even be the 26t is max and for the 28t or larger you'd have to Dremel out the motor mount slots to move the motor far enough away from the slipper and spur.
This^ I’m pretty sure the biggest pinion I could fit with the Stock spur was a 27T Robinson racing pinion. If you make a custom spool you can go a lot bigger.
Edit: you might be able to squeeze in a 28 with stock spur, I never tried it.

I wonder why Arrma lists the 32T pinion as an optional drop in pinion. (Option part)
No mention of additional related parts required for this 32 Pin. is stated. Like Arrma would normally do. Maybe you need the Optional Alloy Motor mount to make it fit??? IDK.

I emailed aarma support and all they said is I need a 57 tooth for the 32 to fit.

What spur do you currently have?

I emailed aarma support and all they said is I need a 57 tooth for the 32 to fit.
That makes no sense as I know a few other members have 3s speed run rigs and biggest they could fit without cutting away part of the power module housing was like 29t with the 57t spur. @jondilly1974 isn't that the largest you were able to fit with stock spur on your 3s Typhon?

I wonder why Arrma lists the 32T pinion as an optional drop in pinion. (Option part)
No mention of additional related parts required for this 32 Pin. is stated. Like Arrma would normally do. Maybe you need the Optional Alloy Motor mount to make it fit??? IDK.
Exactly! i emailed them bk and they have not responced email them and see what they tell you

That makes no sense as I know a few other members have 3s speed run rigs and biggest they could fit without cutting away part of the power module housing was like 29t with the 57t spur. @jondilly1974 isn't that the largest you were able to fit with stock spur on your 3s Typhon?
Yeah a 29T requires removing plastic on the power module tho. 27T is max without mods

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back