Big Rock Has anyone put Duratrax sixpacks 3.8 on big rock 3v?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not recommended, tires that size add unnecessary stress to the whole drivetrain.. either axles will be popping at the joints, slipper will be boiling, melting things, or motor/esc thermal issues..

Not worth it imo... 2.8 is the biggest I would ever go on the 3s line with appropriate gearing of course..

Not saying it can't be done, but it may not end well for you..?

Not recommended, tires that size add unnecessary stress to the whole drivetrain.. either axles will be popping at the joints, slipper will be boiling, melting things, or motor/esc thermal issues..

Not worth it imo... 2.8 is the biggest I would ever go on the 3s line with appropriate gearing of course..

Thank you

Even if you had the drivetrain to handle it, it would still just flip backwards with the smallest amount of throttle. I’ve tried 3.8 tires on my Typhon 3S and Granite 3S and it’s really pointless. Instant turtle on its shell type annoyance.

Can I run the 2.8 without changing anything besides the hub extension

Why does it roll so easy
What surface are you running on? Any RC will roll over fairly easily on grass. Also any RC will roll over if you go into a turn too fast. Dirt is more forgiving, the RC will slide more instead of rolling. Learning the limits of your RC in different conditions will prevent rollovers. Suspension and camber adjustments can help, but that all depends on how you drive so I won't recommend any particular settings. I have my Granite set so it's very hard to roll over, but there are tradeoffs, the back end slides out quite easily. The factory settings are set well for a variety of conditions.

3.8 tires will definitely not help. It will raise the center of gravity and you'll roll over more easily. I tried them on my Granite, it handled poorly.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back