Outcast Has anyone regeared a 4s outcast/kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Truth

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Typhon 3s
Hey all, has anyone tried a 15t or larger on the 4s outcast/kraton? Looking for feedback. Thanks!

Hey all, has anyone tried a 15t or larger on the 4s outcast/kraton? Looking for feedback. Thanks!
I have mine running an 18T and it runs fine this time of year. Summer time it will overheat if running in grass WOT, but it’s fine for basic bashing.

So it still has that lively nature, standing back flips etc? Did you guys get the optional sliding motor mount? Thanks ?
@Outcastblxnut

I understand your want to change something, but I think the stock gearing is great. It's stupid fast and has tons of torque, easy flips, my electronics never run hot.

That's why I asked, I know a 16t on my kraton 6s was a major improvement over the stock 12t. Didn't know if there was improvement in a re gear on the 4s . Any feedback is appreciated!!?

That's why I asked, I know a 16t on my kraton 6s was a major improvement over the stock 12t. Didn't know if there was improvement in a re gear on the 4s . Any feedback is appreciated!!?
I never ran the stock pinion, which I think is a 13T, but at 18T this thing pops wheelies at 45mph on the slightest throttle input above half throttle. Can’t get it WOT on any high grip surface. I may end up gearing back down a few teeth to be able to get more nose control.

So it retained the same low end snap as before, awesome! Do you have the optional sliding mount? I was going to try a 15t with the stock fixed mount for now.

I never ran the stock pinion, which I think is a 13T, but at 18T this thing pops wheelies at 45mph on the slightest throttle input above half throttle. Can’t get it WOT on any high grip surface. I may end up gearing back down a few teeth to be able to get more nose control.

So it retained the same low end snap as before, awesome! Do you have the optional sliding mount? I was going to try a 15t with the stock fixed mount for now.
No the low end does cog some on 18T so I would say the stock gearing probably has better low end punch. I do have the adjustable motor mount on all my rigs. I think 15T to 17T is probably the sweet spot.

Thanks buddy! For $4 bucks, how could you not try it out! Haha

No the low end does cog some on 18T so I would say the stock gearing probably has better low end punch. I do have the adjustable motor mount on all my rigs. I think 15T to 17T is probably the sweet spot.

I was running a 15t and felt it needed just a little bit more. This morning I changed to a 17t and it's FAST ? wheelies no problem. It cogs a little on start but no worse than it did on the 15t.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I'm going to try the 15t first, then the 17t.

I was running a 15t and felt it needed just a little bit more. This morning I changed to a 17t and it's FAST ? wheelies no problem. It cogs a little on start but no worse than it did on the 15t.

Thank you very much for the feedback! I'm going to try the 15t first, then the 17t.

Let me know how the 15t pinion is running, I'm thinking of trying 15t and 17t as well. Are you also getting the upgraded ARRMA adjustable motor mount or the HR one? Would like to know how they go

I’m actually heading back down in pinion. I had been running 18T and recently stepped down to 15T and still can’t go WOT without it flipping backwards. Hoping 14T might allow me to get to WOT in an open field.

I’m actually heading back down in pinion. I had been running 18T and recently stepped down to 15T and still can’t go WOT without it flipping backwards. Hoping 14T might allow me to get to WOT in an open field.
I'm going to make a video of my K4S at WOT with a 15t pinion. Just for you ?

I'm going to make a video of my K4S at WOT with a 15t pinion. Just for you ?
I would LOVE to be able to get mine to WOT so any input you can give is much appreciated. There is snow coming down here, so I don't think I can get enough traction anywhere today to test anything, but looks like this Sunday is going to be in the 40s again.

I would LOVE to be able to get mine to WOT so any input you can give is much appreciated. There is snow coming down here, so I don't think I can get enough traction anywhere today to test anything, but looks like this Sunday is going to be in the 40s again.
I just accelerate gradually until it's wide open. If the front comes up at that point it's because wind got under it.

I just accelerate gradually until it's wide open. If the front comes up at that point it's because wind got under it.
There is never a point I can get over 3/4 throttle without it backflipping. I tried a huge soccer field at the park. It’s like 9 soccer fields in a square. Huge flat perfect field. From one corner to the other, I tried at least three times to get it WOT and would get 3/4 there and anything more and it would wheelie. No way to keep the nose down. Maybe the wing is to blame? I can try without it next time I’m out. ??‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back