Kraton Has anyone tested this Wheelie bar for the 6s Kraton/Outcast/Notorious?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airwolf076

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
https://www.amazon.com/SHEAWA-Spring-Wheelie-KRATON-Upgrade/dp/B092VXKZXD

This is the first I've seen of this, not gonna lie, to me this one seems like a better design than any of the others I've seen, mainly because of how far it seems to stick out and the geometry of it...... the spring is also kinda cool, but no idea how well that would work out. The downside might be the price though. Has anyone tried this one? Any good?

That's def unique looking. Lol. Never seen that before. Wish there were written reviews about it. If you get it let us know how it is. (y)

I use the version made btw the same place without the springs on my k6exb and I per love it, it’s adjustable and makes a great handle too lol… it mounted easy enough, but I’ve never landed hard on it from any height above maybe 5-8‘ up yet.
5989C040-EFAC-4073-934D-3CA8433E485F.jpeg

C485C104-DEE6-4585-B0E4-C17EA88A2333.jpeg

Mounting right to the shock tower might be better than the version I got that mounts to the wing mounts. But I figured if I broke anything I wanted it to be a wing mount not a shock tower imho.

I use the version made btw the same place without the springs on my k6exb and I per love it, it’s adjustable and makes a great handle too lol… it mounted easy enough, but I’ve never landed hard on it from any height above maybe 5-8‘ up yet.
View attachment 221322

View attachment 221323
Mounting right to the shock tower might be better than the version I got that mounts to the wing mounts. But I figured if I broke anything I wanted it to be a wing mount not a shock tower imho.
That thing looks nice. Is it heavy? Looks like 3D printed sides maybe, are they fairly flexible or stiff? Thanks!

So I have seen wheelie bars that connect like this one to the shock towers or the OEM ones that connect to the wing braces. Which one is better? Stronger? Faster?

It’s actually metal of some sort painted black I believe aluminum.
I agree, it looks like some kind of sintered aluminum, or maybe something know as "pot metal".

i have it, love it!
Do tell! How have you found its durability? From the pics, its diffcult to tell exactly how and where it attaches, it looks like it bolts onto that adapter plate and then the plate bolts directly to the shock tower....... is that correct? What holes in the shock tower are used? Can you run an aftermarket wing mount with this? I tweaked another wing mount today(and the two bolts that like to shear off) and think I'm gonna be swapping over to an aluminum wing mount.

I agree, it looks like some kind of sintered aluminum, or maybe something know as "pot metal".

Do tell! How have you found its durability? From the pics, its diffcult to tell exactly how and where it attaches, it looks like it bolts onto that adapter plate and then the plate bolts directly to the shock tower....... is that correct? What holes in the shock tower are used? Can you run an aftermarket wing mount with this? I tweaked another wing mount today(and the two bolts that like to shear off) and think I'm gonna be swapping over to an aluminum wing mount.
its pretty secure, on mine i also used the roll cage that folds up, so the roll cage came with its own bracket shown on top right of instuctions pic. thats what is in between the shock plate and the wheelie brackets, but youl get the just of it from lookin over the pics i included, they work well together. the spoilers bracket are in the middle of these brackets, its the same bulky plastic the roll cage is made of, it has some flex but durable, and i still have my original wing so it sorta proects it too. I can ride wheelies or let off with notice of springs absorbing the impact before fliping itself, ect but with little effort you can flip pretty easilly, sort of surprises you...i have since then turned my punch back down a bit lol

20220603_210041.jpg

20220603_205642.jpg

20220603_205702.jpg

20220603_205839.jpg

Last edited:
its pretty secure, on mine i also used the roll cage that folds up, so the roll cage came with its own bracket shown on top right of inatuctions pic. thats what is in between the shock plate and the wheelie brackets, but youl get the just of it from lookin over the pics i included, they work well together. the spoilers bracket are in the middle of these brackets, its the same bulky plastic the roll cage is made of, it has some flex but durable, and i still have my original wing so it sorta proects it too. I can ride wheelies or let off with notice of springs absorbing the impact before fliping itself, ect but with little effort you can flip pretty easilly, sort of surprises you...i have since then turned my punch back down a bit lol

Hey thanks alot! I'm pretty sure now that I want this as my wheelie bar! And will also be adding an aluminum wing mount lol.

Got mine installed today, took it out to play, and I LOVE it. It works amazingly as a wheelie bar, You can ride a wheelie for DAYS with this thing...... and it looks cool, and from the bashing I gave it today, I can say it's TOUGH. The black material isn't metal at all, but what appears to be some kind of super dense nylon.
But, with everything good, there's ofcourse a downside, with this I would say the biggest downsides are that it adds some extra steps for maintenance/teardown, and installation/removal is a bit fidgety..... if you can get past that though, I definitely highly recommend this thing.

Here are a few shots, and a bonus pup shot lol
Edit: Btw as you can see in the last shot, this wheelie bar is using rubber sealed bearings....... overall I would say the quality of this thing is great!
IMG_20220609_233920323.jpg
IMG_20220609_233948987_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220609_234029840_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220610_023949375.jpg

Last edited:
Got mine installed today, took it out to play, and I LOVE it. It works amazingly as a wheelie bar, You can ride a wheelie for DAYS with this thing...... and it looks cool, and from the bashing I gave it today, I can say it's TOUGH. The black material isn't metal at all, but what appears to be some kind of super dense nylon.
But, with everything good, there's ofcourse a downside, with this I would say the biggest downsides are that it adds some extra steps for maintenance/teardown, and installation/removal is a bit fidgety..... if you can get past that though, I definitely highly recommend this thing.

Here are a few shots, and a bonus pup shot lol
Edit: Btw as you can see in the last shot, this wheelie bar is using rubber sealed bearings....... overall I would say the quality of this thing is great!
View attachment 222658View attachment 222659View attachment 222660View attachment 222694
hey bud i wanted to give you a heads up before its too late, some of the impacts this wheelie bar has took had bent my original rear shock tower, and pulled out the treads that the tower secures to the diff case at bottom so i used longer srcews and lock nuts, as well as swaped in a exb shock plate and got these m2c shock tower supports to give the front of shock plate some strength.

Screenshot_20220627-172434_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
hey bud i wanted to give you a heads up before its too late, some of the impacts this wheelie bar has took had bent my original rear shock tower, and pulled out the treads that the tower secures to the diff case at bottom so i used longer srcews and lock nuts, as well as swaped in a exb shock plate and got these m2c shock tower supports to give the front of shock plate some strength.

View attachment 226316
Thanks for the update. So did you still keep using the same wheelie bar after the new shock tower, braces and longer screws? How is that holding up?

Thanks for the update. So did you still keep using the same wheelie bar after the new shock tower, braces and longer screws? How is that holding up?
yup still usin it, but not running til im finsihed. still waiting on the m2c brace, and rear support bar hot racing peice. but yea longer screws and lock nuts are on for the lower screws securing shock plate to diff, its been fine popin wheelies, but them tumbles get brutal.

Hey thanks alot! I'm pretty sure now that I want this as my wheelie bar! And will also be adding an aluminum wing mount lol.
Alloy wing mounts are NOT a great idea. It's just $Bling$. You want Flex with the Wing mounts. This protects the Tower and Bulkhead.
The flexible wing mounts are designed as sacrificial parts. The Least Expensive parts compared to the Tower and Bulkhead/related parts.
Get the Nylon RPM's and boil them in water for 15 minutes. Try that if stocker mounts seem to be a problem for you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up man..... I haven't really used my ramp since putting this wheelie bar on, I already seen that as a bad idea, lol, it does handle the small jumps at my dirt track just fine though, without breaking or bending anything..... there's no way I would wanna take a hit on this thing from a bad landing from my ramp.... I could easily imagine that shock tower folding like it was made from putty lol.

Thanks for the heads up man..... I haven't really used my ramp since putting this wheelie bar on, I already seen that as a bad idea, lol, it does handle the small jumps at my dirt track just fine though, without breaking or bending anything..... there's no way I would wanna take a hit on this thing from a bad landing from my ramp.... I could easily imagine that shock tower folding like it was made from putty lol.

Still do not need a ramp or a jump to bend it. No flex in the stock Kraton wing and stock wing mount created damage for me on bad crash...flipping, etc. So happy with the 3DRC flex wing mount arms and M2C mount brace...M2C was on I was missing the flex in the wing to take the shock from the bulkhead.

Still do not need a ramp or a jump to bend it. No flex in the stock Kraton wing and stock wing mount created damage for me on bad crash...flipping, etc. So happy with the 3DRC flex wing mount arms and M2C mount brace...M2C was on I was missing the flex in the wing to take the shock from the bulkhead.
Well so far mine has had plenty of tumbles with the alloy wing mount and this wheelie bar and no bendage, so I'll deal with that if it comes.... thanks to Jennys RC I don't have to worry too much about it even if I do bend my shock tower.

A bent Tower can be hammered back close enough for bashing use. Using wood blocks and a nice sledge hammer. Alloy wing mounts will snap the tower's bolts. Even with Stockers in extreme cases. Alloys more so. Govern yourself accordingly.:giggle:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back