Has anyone tried these wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

travykat

Reaction score
Are they good bad i need thoughts & opinions on the wheels

2C361EEE-30B6-418D-AE38-DE1CEB902B72.png

I heard they are garbage.(n) Along with poor traction.
I'll let others chime in with their experience or opinion.
:cool:

I heard they are garbage.(n) Along with poor traction.
I'll let others chime in with their experience or opinion.
:cool:
Yea ive been waiting for someone to chime in lol i want them just don't kno if there good or not and for traction just looking for some different but similar to like the hoons silver a harder compound but don't kno if these are them

There was a post here in regards to them. And with many review videos, the tires were one of the drawbacks to the Hoonigan rig.:unsure:
Search around.
I also know they are much bigger tires also. If that matters. FWIW.
Have you considered or tried GRP S7's??? ( hardest compound of the GRP's) GRP's are popular and even less money than the Hoons.

There was a post here in regards to them. And with many review videos, the tires were one of the drawbacks to the Hoonigan rig.:unsure:
Search around.
I also know they are much bigger tires also. If that matters. FWIW.
Have you considered or tried GRP S7's??? ( hardest compound of the GRP's) GRP's are popular and even less money than the Hoons.
Thats so funny you mention those i just ordered them because I didn't get any responses on this post but yea ill have to browse the web for these wheels & see if i can find something

C5CB3C8B-AF4E-42E1-ABAE-16B57BA5F008.png

I know I'm late to the party, but my Hoonicorn just arrived yesterday and I got my first run in today.

The tires aren't great, but they aren't garbage. They do need to get heat into them before they grip overly well, but they aren't too bad. They slip a little more on launch than hoons do, but again, not much. I think one reason people complain about the tires is actually due to the lack of AVC. The reviews I've personally seen compare it to cars with AVC and then they complain that it doesn't handle as well and blame the tires. Make no mistake, these tires aren't amazing, but they are adequate, at least for on road bashing. If you're looking to race or run 100+mph, get something else, but that pretty much goes for any factory tire in my experience.

I know I'm late to the party, but my Hoonicorn just arrived yesterday and I got my first run in today.

The tires aren't great, but they aren't garbage. They do need to get heat into them before they grip overly well, but they aren't too bad. They slip a little more on launch than hoons do, but again, not much. I think one reason people complain about the tires is actually due to the lack of AVC. The reviews I've personally seen compare it to cars with AVC and then they complain that it doesn't handle as well and blame the tires. Make no mistake, these tires aren't amazing, but they are adequate, at least for on road bashing. If you're looking to race or run 100+mph, get something else, but that pretty much goes for any factory tire in my experience.
Thank you yea i haven't gotten any proper responses on these tires most people go off of what they hear not many actualy owned to give a review 👍👍

I disagree about the AVC as a crutch for the Hoons. Unfair comparison to ZD Hoonigan tires without a Gyro.
No I never had these larger ( 51/109) ZD tires, but I seen enough bad reviews to not spend on them. Not cheap either. But sized just for the EXO7 They are closer in size to the Rear Felony 53/107 Hoons. The videos show they wear. I feel they are kind of too wide for any great traction. Just like the 53/107 Hoons are.
We all have differing views however.

For speedrunning, i wouldnt even consider these tires. The bigger(anything beyond 100mm) the more likely they wont hold on high speeds.

For bashing, tires wear quickly anyways, so why not try a set. I do think QA will be less good, so you'd have to run multiple to give it a real judgement and therefor voiding most quick reviews of other ppl.

Powerhobby 1/8 Gripper 54/100 Belted Mounted Rear Tires/Wheels 17mm (2) Arrma Felony/Infraction/Limiitless (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HWS9Q96/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_ZJJ29FAE0NJVDQMJQKBQ

I just gave these a shot and I really think they look amazing and so far grip is great. Only ran once and I wasn't hooning around. More just repeated quick 70-90 mph hits. Just wish they were cheaper but I suppose that's why grp is nice

I disagree about the AVC as a crutch for the Hoons. Unfair comparison to ZD Hoonigan tires without a Gyro.
No I never had these larger ( 51/109) ZD tires, but I seen enough bad reviews to not spend on them. Not cheap either. But sized just for the EXO7 They are closer in size to the Rear Felony 53/107 Hoons. The videos show they wear. I feel they are kind of too wide for any great traction. Just like the 53/107 Hoons are.
We all have differing views however.
And I guess that's the difference between personal experience and hearsay...I'm usually mindful of advice that I get from reviews or other people's experience, but I can never truly form an opinion until I try it myself, and I somewhat frequently discover that I have a different opinion especially with the Youtube crowd, because I believe they often offer "advice" based off of extremely limited experience (unboxing and driving once), or they offer advice based off of worst-case-scenario (abusing something far more than I ever will, or straight up using it improperly), or they just drive differently than I do on-road. I will also say, most of those videos are 6 months to a year old, I just got mine early this week, so maybe the tire compounds have changed (doubtful, but something I'm willing to consider).

Anyway, I will only speak from my personal experience, and be forthright with the fact that it is limited because this is a new car that I don't have a ton of time on yet, and I can only speak to handling performance as of now. I'll give my opinion on wear, but I haven't driven the car enough to fully speak to that. I do own both the 53/107 Hoons and the EX07 tires, and when compared to white compound Hoons, the EX07's perform very similarly in terms of overall grip and actual performance, both straight line and cornering, at least with how I drive. This is in comparison to the Hoons running on my Senton 6s. If I had to choose one tire to give the overall win to in the performance category, it would be the Hoons, because there are certain situations where they outperform the EX07 tires, but it's not so much that I would advise against getting the EX07s or call them bad. As I said, I can't speak too much to wear, but since our snow forecast was bogus, I've now got 4 sets of packs through he EX07 just racing around and the tires don't show any significant degradation. The rears are a little more noticeably worn that the front, but nothing that I consider out of the ordinary on car making this kind of power, and I'll probably rotate them after another set of packs, which is something I normally do regardless of the car/tire. Because of the brand and overall quality of the rest of the car, I won't be surprised if they don't last as long as some other tires, including the Hoons, but so far I wouldn't say that they are wearing quickly. In fairness, the videos I've seen where people mention tire wear, the driving they showed on camera seemed to be a lot of drifting around on asphalt (bad for any tire, even 1:1), donuts, hard launches on cold tires, even jumping and trying to break the car, etc....IMO, none of that stuff is a good measure to find the longevity or performance of a tire and it's not how I drive 95% of the time and I've only drifted this car unintentionally as of now, so I'm eager to learn first-hand how they hold up to driving with throttle control and in what I consider to be "normal" driving conditions for my style of pavement driving. I also consider, Hoons come in three different compounds. I'm not sure what compound the EX07 tires would be most comparable to on a molecular level, but my tip-of-finger-gauge puts them somewhere on the soft side of a Hoons white, not quite as soft as a gold, but they definitely feel like a softer tire and I have to expect them to wear accordingly. I don't know how they compare in grip to a Hoons gold because, I typically run whites, but I have to assume the golds grip better because these perform extremely similarly to a white even though they feel softer. Once these are gone, I'll put a set of white Hoons on the EX07 and see how many packs they give me, and I might even try some silver and golds after that, because running the tires on the same car, with the same driver, under similar driving conditions on the same surfaces is the most accurate way to really compare them.

All of that to say...if a person is just considering these for the looks and they aren't going on an EX07, I wouldn't buy them. There are certainly better options out there when you factor in price, reputation and performance of Hoons, or many other aftermarket tires. Additionally, these are 2mm taller in diameter than the 53/107's, which are already a pretty tall tire, so there's that to consider. Depending on the longevity that I personally get out of the factory EX07 tires, I don't know if I'll buy replacement sets or just stick with Hoons, I'll have to see how they compare with more time under the belt, but I do wish I could run some PowerHobby grippers or something, but they're almost 10mm shorter and I think they'd look terrible on the EX07.

For speedrunning, i wouldnt even consider these tires. The bigger(anything beyond 100mm) the more likely they wont hold on high speeds.

For bashing, tires wear quickly anyways, so why not try a set. I do think QA will be less good, so you'd have to run multiple to give it a real judgement and therefor voiding most quick reviews of other ppl.
Agreed, I wouldn't run them past probably 100, and really they wouldn't be anywhere near my first choice past about 80. But, I wouldn't run the car they're built for past probably 70, at least not for long in its factory configuration. From what I've felt in driving the car, the EX07 isn't a great platform for speed runs to begin with as there's not enough aftermarket support to really squeeze out max performance, and it starts to get pretty floaty around 65, which is what mine has maxed out at (well, 67). I've got a BLX185 that's going in it this weekend to replace the crappy stock ESC, so I have a feeling that the top-end will increase and it'll be quite a handful. So, unless you can make your own parts (Splitters, different spoilers, etc), I'd stick to bashing or racing it, for which, it's very fun.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back