Has anyone tried this tape for tire ballooning?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trapper

Reaction score
Has anyone used this stuff to prevent ballooning of tires?

Fiber fix tape.

https://fiberfix.com/order-form-16681964

Been looking on Google to see if this stuff bonds well to soft rubber meaning our tires for RC cars.

If it bonds well maybe this would work well for anti ballooning using only a single layer of it with zero overlapping I'm thinking.

Possibly a better alternative to using can glue + gorilla tape?

Looking for a more permanent solution to anti tire ballooning here, one that will last the life of the tires themselves.

From the sounds of things this stuff hardens when it dries so I do not think it would work well for tires.

Have you ever thought of "belting" the tires with kevlar string?

Last edited:
Right, yeah from what I've read it's 3-5 with hot water, for a full cure 10+- min for room temp water and slightly longer for colder water. Wonder if using ice water would net a longer time. Seems like it's activated by water and cure time set by water temp. You can buy it in strips too I believe and not a big roll. So yo could pre measure the length needed then open package cut and place on the already prepped tire.
The process would mean taping while the tire is right side out I'm thinking to prevent deformation of the laid tape

Haven't tried using Kevlar string yet but would like an internal/permanent solution to tire ballooning. Also figured the stuff would potentially keep it more balanced than the string method. That's kind of the idea here with this tape stuff to belt the tires.

When I get home from this deployment I'm going to buy some and try it if nobody has by then.
Will try on some poopy used tires haha. Don't want to ruin a nice set of tires testing as they say this stuff isn't meant to come off once cured.

I just put thicker oil in centre diff stops front tyres ballooning a heap
Even 100k made a huge difference over stock, I can almost backflip on 4s with this setup.

I just put thicker oil in centre diff stops front tyres ballooning a heap

They won't fully stop Prolines though... Source: running 2.8 trenchers on my Typhon with 50/100/50. On high to medium grip the front lifts (the car basically wheelies) and the tires balloon like pizzacutters. On 4S.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back