Has anyone upgraded the esc or motor yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modojojo11

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I do know theres a issue with the motor mount being to small, The BLX has small mounting holes. The pattern as Is, won't fit some of the more popular 5th scale motors like TP power, Castle and leopard. Guy That owns my hobby shop Fabricated one and he's about to test It. He put a Hobbywing Max 5, and a TP power 1440kv He told me If the truck and the mount handle the power well He'll Fab a bunch and sell them In the shop.

74657578_419603088925254_420181829836346901_n.jpg

I do know theres a issue with the motor mount being to small, The BLX has small mounting holes. The pattern as Is, won't fit some of the more popular 5th scale motors like TP power, Castle and leopard. Guy That owns my hobby shop Fabricated one and he's about to test It. He put a Hobbywing Max 5, and a TP power 1440kv He told me If the truck and the mount handle the power well He'll Fab a bunch and sell them In the shop.

.View attachment 56237
the tp motors fit on stock mounts. you don't need that unless you are trying to go fast on the road... the stock 6s trucks go plenty fast off jumps and into the ground.

the tp motors fit on stock mounts. you don't need that unless you are trying to go fast on the road... the stock 6s trucks go plenty fast off jumps and into the ground.

He's trying to go Fast, He showed It to me In the shop The circumference of the top plate on the BLX was smaller than the TP-56550 1440KV the mount holes didn't line up.

He's trying to go Fast, He showed It to me In the shop The circumference of the top plate on the BLX was smaller than the TP-56550 1440KV the mount holes didn't line up.

my 4070/2700 fit on the v3 mount.

I have a Kraton 8s, but haven't ran It yet, as I have to cut the ESC battery connectors and make them EC5 to match all my batteries. Is the V3 mount the one It comes with? I haven't looked yet. The guy that owns the shop Is pretty knowledgeable. or maybe the Tp cans are just different sizes.

EC5 and IC5 are the same connector.
Yeah they are compatible, iirc the EC5 battery will connect to an IC5 esc but you can't connect an IC5 battery to an EC5 esc.

The IC5 has a "Smart" center pin that blocks insertion to a receiving EC5 in one direction.(y)

Yeah they are compatible, iirc the EC5 battery will connect to an IC5 esc but you can't connect an IC5 battery to an EC5 esc.
The IC5 has a "Smart" center pin that blocks insertion to a receiving EC5 in one direction.(y)
You mean like this??

85AAA42D-A773-4D9C-A8BE-416D2CD5A75B.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back