Infraction Has anyone used a Deltaplastics body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What one did you get and how do you like it? Did it require a magnetic body mount conversion?
I've done their Ford C100, Porsche 917K XL and Corvette C7R bodies. I really like these bodies. Tthey look pretty good and they do well aerodynamically. Magnetic body mounts are fine for 1/10 drift cars but I don't trust them at the speeds Infractions travel at. I just stick with normal body posts. I'm not entering scale accuracy competitions with them so the posts don't bother me at all. I

I've done their Ford C100, Porsche 917K XL and Corvette C7R bodies. I really like these bodies. Tthey look pretty good and they do well aerodynamically. Magnetic body mounts are fine for 1/10 drift cars but I don't trust them at the speeds Infractions travel at. I just stick with normal body posts. I'm not entering scale accuracy competitions with them so the posts don't bother me at all. I
Bad ass. You got any pics of some those? I’d like to check’em out.

Bad ass. You got any pics of some those? I’d like to check’em out.
Sure do :)
SAM_6272.JPG
SAM_6274.JPG
SAM_6205.JPG
SAM_6209.JPG
SAM_6298.JPG

Man those look good. That corvette is niiice. Paint yourself?
Yessir, I screw all my bodies up with my own personal touch so that I know they're mine :LOL:

The Corvette is just black on black on black. Wait....no. I did mask and tint the windows....really dark.
As you can see, I don't do complex paint schemes. On race cars I like to stick to historical liveries.

But thanks man, I appreciate the kind words :)

The only body for speed runs. They make good stuff. I will say I think their molds are getting worn out or something. The body I finished today was a pain. Trust me when I say I measure EVERYTHING so it’s centered. This is how the front wheel wells came out. I made some changes so it’s better but still. You can see the difference between the two sides. If I moved the body to make the front wells even then the rear was waaaay off. Ultimately I wanted the body centered so I made it work.
607823F1-B9EA-4A68-B12F-688E3A70943D.jpeg

65EA4E3D-4BF2-49D2-BD83-DA78C559D012.jpeg

What one did you get and how do you like it? Did it require a magnetic body mount conversion?
I’ve used the GT1 body and the FC100 so far, will get a WR body soon enough. I have tried magnets at the sides but like @Diem Turner already said, they aren’t to be trusted for speed.

On race cars I like to stick to historical liveries.
Absolutely +1, 100%
And speaking of which, I’ve been meaning to ask you…. I could have sworn you had some super bright assed headlights in that 917k. How’d you pull that off after it was painted?

Yessir, I screw all my bodies up with my own personal touch so that I know they're mine :LOL:

The Corvette is just black on black on black. Wait....no. I did mask and tint the windows....really dark.
As you can see, I don't do complex paint schemes. On race cars I like to stick to historical liveries.

But thanks man, I appreciate the kind words :)
Yeah the liveries are great on those. Looks awesome.

Absolutely +1, 100%
And speaking of which, I’ve been meaning to ask you…. I could have sworn you had some super bright assed headlights in that 917k. How’d you pull that off after it was painted?
I actually have the lights mounted on my bumper assembly. They're positioned for the FC100 body but one of them lines up with the light position on the 917. Additionally, the area behind the front light stickers isn't painted, so what you saw was just the lights shining through the stickers.
1673867712530.jpeg

I actually have the lights mounted on my bumper assembly. They're positioned for the FC100 body but one of them lines up with the light position on the 917. Additionally, the area behind the front light stickers isn't painted, so what you saw was just the lights shining through the stickers.
View attachment 270553
I remember your light setup (it inspired me to mount them on the front bumper as well) but I can’t believe they’re shining through the headlight decal that brightly! That’s pretty awesome. Based on your videos I’ve seen with the Porsche body I would say there would be no problem whatsoever tracking the car at night. Even one light shining through that sticker is that bright?!?! This little snippet of info will certainly influence my painting scheme. Thanks for that, sir!

Do you have a top-down pic of that? I’m trying to look at your set up. It looks like you have a module of some sort mounted to the rear shock tower. Looks like a rad build! Or do you have a build thread on this thing I can check out?

Do you have a top-down pic of that? I’m trying to look at your set up. It looks like you have a module of some sort mounted to the rear shock tower. Looks like a rad build! Or do you have a build thread on this thing I can check out?
Thank you :) If you click on the blue Infraction GT Build Thread in my signature, it'll take you to that build. The module on the rear shock tower is a SkyRC GSM020 in a 3D printed mount. If you don't see what you're looking for those pics or have any questions, let me know. I'll be happy to take more pics of or explain anything you like.

View attachment 270553
My OCD very much approves of your headlight wiring. Nicely done.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back