Kraton Has anyone used the - Tbone Racing R1 EXO Roll Cage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uplift-RC

TB RC Bashers
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Notorious
  5. Typhon 3s
I was thinking about buying one of the cages to install over my #v3 #Kraton!
Anyone ever try the EXO Roll Cage on there rigs if so would you mind posting a few pics if you do have one?

R1 EXO Roll Cage
1570897228435.png

I was thinking about buying one of the cages to install over my #v3 #Kraton!
Anyone ever try the EXO Roll Cage on there rigs if so would you mind posting a few pics if you do have one?

R1 EXO Roll Cage
View attachment 50648
Too much money, but it will likely save your body and mounts from excess damage. I don't like the look personally, but it has a job to do, and probably does it well.

Imo they're great. It helps brace the entire body and saves it all from dents, cracks, scuffs etc but does add a bit of weight. I'm 100% positive I would've had to buy a new body by now if I didn't have the exocage ?

Wasn't that hard to fit either ? you just have to be accurate when marking up and drilling holes in the body

Mine did break in the rear though. Landing on the wing can snap the back end pretty easily as it's too long at the back but mine was covered by TBR's warranty (I have a spare now!) I just modded the old one so I can carry on using it. Worth the money.

Attachments

• IMG_20200317_130934.jpg
    IMG_20200317_130934.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Imo they're great. It helps brace the entire body and saves it all from dents, cracks, scuffs etc but does add a bit of weight. I'm 100% positive I would've had to buy a new body by now if I didn't have the exocage ?

Wasn't that hard to fit either ? you just have to be accurate when marking up and drilling holes in the body

Mine did break in the rear though. Landing on the wing can snap the back end pretty easily as it's too long at the back but mine was covered by TBR's warranty (I have a spare now!) I just modded the old one so I can carry on using it. Worth the money.
I just read a pretty bad review of the one for the Xmaxx...I know that doesn't mean a whole lot, but with T-Bone products I've found that they're hit or miss without much in between. This one does seem overpriced, especially when they add another $15 for shipping. I just felt the Kraton body with my own hands finally & it does feel flimsy... might be worth spending the $70 to save $100 I suppose... It's been a year since this post...are you still using it? Anyone else have any updates on experience with the product?

I just read a pretty bad review of the one for the Xmaxx...I know that doesn't mean a whole lot, but with T-Bone products I've found that they're hit or miss without much in between. This one does seem overpriced, especially when they add another $15 for shipping. I just felt the Kraton body with my own hands finally & it does feel flimsy... might be worth spending the $70 to save $100 I suppose... It's been a year since this post...are you still using it? Anyone else have any updates on experience with the product?
I still have it! Same stock body. I have cracks running all around the cab and some of the edges have chipped off a bit. However I can say with some confidence that the body would have been scrapped by now if it wasn't for this exocage. It would have split in half at the front wheel arches and windscreen from all of the roof landings it's had

However, I haven't used the drywall tape/Shoe Goo method on this body. Maybe if I had it would be in even better shape than it is now. With the exocage too it would make it near indestructible 💪

I ran one along with their front bumper on my talion and had zero issues. Wasn’t a huge fan of the look so recently sold the cage. But it worked perfectly while I used it.

29A5200F-0AA4-4C66-9350-9D692E6A3643.jpeg

624F69A8-ED1C-4B08-A667-A66BB9E6EC1E.jpeg

I still have it! Same stock body. I have cracks running all around the cab and some of the edges have chipped off a bit. However I can say with some confidence that the body would have been scrapped by now if it wasn't for this exocage. It would have split in half at the front wheel arches and windscreen from all of the roof landings it's had

However, I haven't used the drywall tape/Shoe Goo method on this body. Maybe if I had it would be in even better shape than it is now. With the exocage too it would make it near indestructible 💪
Thanks for sharing your experience. After asking the Google machine about the drywall tape/Shoe Goo method...I'm fairly certain if I tried something like that, the main result would be a big mess and not much protection for the body. Aside from the cost, I am a little hesitant because @bicketybam isn't the only one who's had that opinion about the fitment. My experience with TBR products has been they're either great all around, or they don't fit quite right, and wind up failing to accomplish what they're designed for. The saving grace is their support...I do believe if I have any problems with the fit that they'll make it right.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back